Thread: EMGs without a pickguard?

Forum Member

EMGs without a pickguard?

Has anyone ever tried (or even seen) EMGs in a rear routed (i.e. no pickguard) Strat body? I know they fit just fine in a pickguard, but I was wondering if they would look funny in a body routed for three normal Strat single coils. As I understand it, Warmoth actually has an EMG rout. Would they still fit (without looking horrible) in a normal rout?

Forum Member
    Well, I suppose they would look similar to THIS

Forum Member

Nope

That shows a rear rout that's set up SPECIFICALLY FOR EMGs. I'm curious how the rout for STANDARD SINGLE COILS (with the little extra triangular cut-out) would be with EMGs.

Now that I think of it, I guess those little single coil pickup rings would cover EMGs as well as standards.

Forum Member
    I'm madly in love with those metal rings (like from StewMac). Someday I'll have to have a rear-routed Strat-type thing from USACG (either the Dinky or the Carved Top)...complete with those rings.

Forum Member
    Sorry

Forum Member

Without Rings

I checked out some of the customer pics on both the USACG site and the Warmoth site. To the best of my knowledge, it looks like there are a few EMGs sitting in standard routs. Doesn't apper that noticeable.

I suppose with black EMGs and black shielding paint, it would sort of just blend together. Maybe the rings wouldn't be necessary after all.