Thread: I Took the JD Out of My Nash B-Bender Tele...

Forum Member

I Took the JD Out of My Nash B-Bender Tele...

And put it in the Thinline. The bridge pickup in the Thinline was really bright and a bit too stident for me. I thought, "I'll trade bridge pickups." I took the JD out of my Nash B-Bender Tele and put it in my Thinline. I put the bridge pickup (Fender 50's series pickup) and put it in the Nash B-Bender. While I was at it, I swapped the neck pickup in the Thinline (it was aweful) for an American Standard Tele neck pickup that I had sitting around.

The result is fantastic. The JD is smooth, but bright and punchy in the Thinline. It's much better in the Thinline than it was when it was in my Nash B-Bender Tele. The 50's Tele bridge pickup is really nice in my Nash B-Bender Tele. It makes me think that I need an STL-1 Vintage '54 model and that Alnico 5 magnets will do much better in a poplar body than Alnico 2 magnets do.

I will still replace the neck pickup in the Thinline. To be honest, I haven't found a Tele neck pickup that comes close to the DiMarzio Twang King. It's the best Tele neck pickup I have ever heard.

Oh and just for grins I wired up the Thinline to be out of phase. It sounds really cool with the neck and bridge pickup both on. I kind of dig that "honky" sound. I'll keep it like that for awhile.

Cheers,

Sounds like you're having fun discovering what mates up well with different body/neck woods and such. I've been saying that for some time now, what works in one body may not in another and vice versa. I'm still thrilled with my 10k Nocaster Clean in my ash bodied frankentele, I like the Fender Vintage pup in the neck but it's not my all time fav like the Nocaster is, one of these days I'll have to go on a neck pup hunt...but I use my tele mainly for the bridge pos. anyhow so it's no big deal right now.:nelson

thats the pup i

put in the bridge of my thinline a great pickup for that guitar. (69 ri in ash) mellows the tone to an allmost singing sustain with great harmonics. i put the sd aps2 flat strat pup in the neck just for shits and giggles and im liken it more and more there a great combo just seem to work well together. ill have to try that twangking pup ive heard nothing but good things abought it. do you still have the 1meg pots? im thinkin of puting in cts 250s anybody do this?