Thread: Warmoth Teles

Forum Member

Warmoth Teles

I'm putting together a Warmoth Thinline Tele (Swamp Ash body, Maple neck) and i'm curious about pickup selection. I've had my eye on the Fralin Blues Specials. I'm a big fan of Roy Buchanan tonwise as if that isn't obvious on a Tele forum. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Roys signature tone was from a 53 Tele with low output stock pickups. The bridge measured about 6.02k ohms.

What you would want is the Fralin Vintage wind the blues specials are way too hot for the Roy Buchanan tone.

Forum Member
    Hey thanks.

As I understand, Thinlines have more sustain and resonance, but how do they change the frequency response? I'll have to compensate with the right pickups.

Forum Member
    You might want to check out Bob Sticklers site. He's built some very nice instruments including a '51 Nocaster, and a replica of Roy Buchanan's '53 Tele "Nancy" right down to the dents and scratches. I recall him mentioning that he had a Seymour Duncan
    '53 Bridge pickup that was wound like the original one, he might have some info on his site regarding sources.

http://www.rhsdesign.com/fender51/RB53tele1.htm