Thread: 12'' Eminence Legend on Peavey Classic 30

12'' Eminence Legend on Peavey Classic 30

I am looking into a Peavey Classic 30 on eBay, and one guy selling a C30 put a 12'' Eminence Legend speaker on it. I have only tested the amp with the stock speaker and I liked it a lot. Do any of you know how would the Eminence Legend + C30 combination work? The guy also put in JJ power tubes in, but I am guessing that is fine.

Another question, I live in Brazil and the guy selling is in the US. What would the best type of packaging be for shipping? Should the guy remove all the tubes?? Any help will be appreciated!

Re: 12'' Eminence Legend on Peavey Classic 30

No idea about the Eminence in a C30 but I would indeed have the tubes pulled and wrapped carefully. The Peavey doesn't offer much tube protection at all. Check ebay and you'll see something called "Tom's Tube Tamer" that is a bolt-on cage for the tubes.

TT
    On SmartPhones:

"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But That only permitted other men with machines to enslave them." Frank Herbert.

Re: 12'' Eminence Legend on Peavey Classic 30

If this "eminence legend" is anything like the one that came stock in my hr deluxe, It's kinda spiky, with muddy bass. Didn't like it. However, I have no idea what a Crate C-30 is...