Thread: Does anyone have Wagners in a Tele??

Forum Member

Does anyone have Wagners in a Tele??

I've heard a bit about the Strat and hummbucker PUs. All Very positive. I'm a little curious to hear from anyone that has them in a Tele........

i've got a set of sr's in my u.s. strat plus, & though they're not tele pups, they are single coils; and the best bloody single coils i've ever owned/heard!!! jim dispenses magic tone on whatever style pup he happens to be winding (i also have his "fillmore's" installed in my '61 reissue les paul/sg. OH MI GOD!!!). i can tell you that the strat single coils have buckets of body, texture AND chime/jangle. and because he shields them, they are incredibly quiet! he also achieves a perfect balance between the positions. the upshot is, i can't imagine him doing an any less than stellar job on a "tele" set. the best part of the equation is that you can actually get him on the phone! and he listens. if you tell him what you want, he'll be more than accomodating.and be prepared to have your jaw hit the floor when you hear his work! good luck,

ml
    "no, no, your all confused. it's not the sun that's goin' down, it's the hori-zon that's movin' up!" - firesign theatre