Thread: Resetting Knob on 50th Anni Strat?

Forum Member

Resetting Knob on 50th Anni Strat?

Hi fellas,

I've recently got a 50th anniversary deluxe strat. The volume and tone knobs are put on randomly (i.e. 10 isn't where I would usually have it). I've changed the position of the tone knobs but I'm not sure about the volume knob which has the S1 switch in it.

Can this knob just be pulled off like the others or does the S1 swtich wiring make this difficult? I don't just want to yank it off in case I snap any wires.

Re: Resetting Knob on 50th Anni Strat?

I heard you just pull them off, but not sure. There is another thread here somewhere where they answered the question, but I just don't remember where....
    The Best Guitar Photos On The Net!
    Photoweborama

Re: Resetting Knob on 50th Anni Strat?

Use two pieces of soft string or wool, or alternatively, some short pieces of wire with plastic insulation, and slip one either side the pot shaft, under the knob. At this point they should look like tram-lines passing under the knob.

Grip both wires in pairs either side the knob and pull up. You'll hav to grip them tightly or they'll slide out from under the 'skirt' of the knob.

Be carefull with the S1 switch though, or the push-in top may fly off and get lost. Maybe put a small piece of sticky-tape over the top of the knob before attempting to remove it.

Don't use very thin or uninsulated wire, because it will bite into the relatively soft plastic of the undersiide of the knob

Good luck.