Thread: Ordered my 2 Loooper

Ordered my 2 Loooper

I finally decided to put looper in, so I can use the whole bag of tricks.

My board will be built as follows.

Tnr/Comp/TS9/Chor/Del Effects Processor
    | | | |
    | loop A | | Loop B |
    | | | |
    IN---->|----------------------->|-->|--------------->|-->amp

I've also got a blender on the loops for wet/dry mix. The Loooper has a direct bypass on it too in case the Tone Police show up.

On Spose's rec I commisioned a Loooper with blend and Direct Bypass.

Cost with shipping only $106. Should be fun.

www.loooper.com
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: Ordered my 2 Loooper

Well, that won't come out well in the editor.

Loop A are the stompers
    Loop B is the effects processor

Sounds way too simple, but it should work!
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

fezz parka

I can dig it!:yay

And loop A will have a wet/dry blend pot for that layered blues tone ( which can be switched out of the circuit ) , and there will be a direct bypass of both loops.

This guy got right back to me and bewteen the rave testimonials on the net in various places, and his service, I'm pretty impressed.

This is going to eliminate a whole lotta button pressing and signal loss in my rig. Makes me winder what took me so long to do it.

OSA

Yep, and he's using the longer enclosure for me so I'll have plenty of foot room between the switches.

Can't wait.

OSA

sounds cool man. i've been building some loop pedals since i bought one a couple months back. easy enough for this to do.

i'll have to look into all this "special" stuff like layering and what not.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

chucko, it's a neat deal. Back in my Mesa Boogie days I had a wet/dry mix on the effects loops. You can mix the clean ( or direct Recto, 'frinstace ) with your effects. That's the secret to getting a cool, full sound. You are basically combining the sounds to your preference. You can whomp up the bottom with lots of girth but still layer a clean signal over it so it sounds clear and cuts through the mix. Very Billy Gibbonesque. Think "Rough Boy".

What's neat is it's all coming from the same speaker cab. You get two sounds but they blend into a single output. Plus, if you are using your effects processor, you can get wacky with the swirley fizzy, but layer in the clean tone and keep it coherent. Lot's of neat options open up with a wet/dry mix in the effects loop. Lots.

I kindof got caught up in the Tele/tube amp syndrome for the last few years. There are times when nothing sounds better. But in a band where we cover everything from 50's to country to classic rock I'm putting my old looping bag of tricks back into play.

Plus, the BOSS tuner pedal is buffered, and I've been dying to get it out of the signal chain at times. I'll keep it on the digital effects processor loop where it won't cause problems with the twang overtones.

Even better, when you build patches in the processor, you get "subloops" within the main loops. It just makes life extremely simple when a single button push, even on an anolog stombox loop will turn everything on and off. In a live situation it frees you up to play alot more. Just chain your effects on the loop, turn them all on, and then push the loop button for the sound you desire. Of course, if you don't want a modeling loop you end up with two or three of every stompbox, so a modeler is a handy deal. Just throw a simple one like a BOSS GT-8 or POD XT on one loop, your Comp/TS9/Chorus/delay on the other and and you have all that, plus a direct connection at your toes with only two buttons. The buffered BOSS tuner pedal won't bother the digital loop enough you can't tweak it out with the patches so stick it there.

Bingo - a rig that can handle danged near any gig and venue with no muss or fuss.

Layering is the sland.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler
    Plus, the BOSS tuner pedal is buffered, and I've been dying to get it out of the signal chain at times. I'll keep it on the digital effects processor loop where it won't cause problems with the twang overtones.
    to me that's key to getting a better tone, pulling those stupid tuners out of your chain. i pulled mine once out of the chain while recording and immediately ordered a bypass/loop pedal (whatever you want to call it) to accomplish the same thing live.

have yet to really get into other effects stuff. right now i'm playing bass so it's really just a comp and an octave pedal. and with guitar it's just the comp and od.

but i think it's really cool how you've got your rig set up. i've been toying with a bradshaw type system, but with relays and no midi type system. i have yet to get around to designing it (working on my custom tele bridge as of the moment). but in theory it would be pretty cool.

anyways man. take it easy. post a pic if you can, i would like to see what's going on with your rig if you don't mind.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Son-of-a-biscuit! I think it might be time to replace my Alf Hermida loop for something with a blend knob! Dammit! Now I have to script out the layout...
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

grito, I might as well let you in on a trade secret.

You can chain the loops and mix say a Keeley TS9 into processor. Then set the wet/dry between the processor and the TS9. You can sound unbelievably huge and rich on your solos. The processor adds all the fullness and sustain while the TS9 puts out the raw tone. It can have a room shaking bottom and still have the TS9 punch. I usually back in a low octave with some heavy distortion and compression at an almost subliminal level through a recto-syle amp sim. Then I blend that back into the more dynamic TS9 path and the result can be bone-shaking solos coming out of the mains.

Try it, you'll like it.

OSA,
    Any word on when it'll be done?
    You know, a lot can be accomplished in a short time if the right passion is involved with the right gear. I think both are now present and the time may be right. Can't wait to try it out on Wednesday next.

Sorry, Got kind of "codey" there, but Chuck will understand...I hope.
    If, at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.
    Two leaps per chasm is fatal!

Nah, I'm hoping to haver it by the County Fair gig, but not counting on it. But fret not, I can still accomplish much with my current rig.

David Boggs got to me last night. Said it will be shipping today! Whoohoo! Took a while, but it should be great. David apologized for the delay. He has some family health issues that have been taking alot of his time, and he is training a new assistant. Although it took a whle to have built, I give him credit. He kept me informed the whole time and answered questions prompty. I'll give a report as soon as I get it.

BTW Mikey, I had some crunchy, spikey, infinite sustain stuff going last night that really works the nuts on that. Keeps the rawness but adds girth and evil to it. The dogs put on little poodle leather jackets and copped an attitude when they heard it.