Thread: Performersquire

Performersquire

I'm so inspired by Neofauve's Photoshop'ed Performer, I'm really thinking of building one.

I was thinking of two variants. The first would be an exact copy of the guitar, the second would be a little different. Instead of the standard contour body, It would have a maple top back routed and a quarter round route around the outside of the top. That would look pretty cool I think.

Next, would a single P90 be cool?

I've never routed a body before. Anyone wanna share tricks? I'm pretty handy.

OSA
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: Performersquire

I just happen to have the template I made for my carved top Tele and it of course has P-90 routes. You're welcome to use my template. I made it out of Formica so you'll have to rough out a backing board of some sort and double stick tape the two together for rigidity. I use Formica for my templates because you can smooth the edge like glass, it offers very little resistance to the router, and it's easy to work with.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.