Thread: My new instructor

My new instructor

is my 16 YO son!

He's a pretty advanced player. Way better than I could ever hope to be, and better than most people ever get. Can hear a song once and play it. Knows boatloads of theory. Anyway, he gave me a lesson last night. I learned a LOT in 45 minutes. We're setting up a regular time for this. He wants to be a teacher this coming summer, so this will give him some experience.

It IS sorta strange for him to the teacher and me the student, but there it is...
    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
    --Albert Einstein

Re: My new instructor

That's beautiful man! You mest be very proud!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

VERY COOL!!!
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

My son has been my computer teacher since he was 8. Oh the joys of youth and a brain that soaks up knowledge/skills with ease.

To quote Homer 'Doh , everytime I learn sumthin new it pushes some old stuff outa my brain'

Dr Fene - You are so right. I learn new stufff on the guitar all the time, but if I don't use it, I forget it and have to learn it all over again some time later. My son never seems to forget anything; of course he pretty much lives with his acoustic guitar in his hands.
    Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
    --Albert Einstein