Thread: I actually use a Digitech peice of gear

I actually use a Digitech peice of gear

Interesting. I've only owned one peice of Digitech gear ever. It's a Digitech Double Play. It has a chorus and delay built int a single unit with two footswitches. I've used it for years and years. It's this real ugly metallic green and so banged up it's unbelievable, but after countless gigs, practices, and being left out in the garage between gigs in sub zero weather, it still works great, and sounds really good.

I see nothing but bad words for Digitech, but from my sample of one unit this thing is great sounding and bulletproof. Was it just an exception for them? This was, I think, one of their first offerings.

Just curious.

OA
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: I actually use a Digitech peice of gear

I've got a couple of pieces of DigiTech gear, their current X series delay and reverb boxes.

The reverb is pretty good, but it's off the board right now.

The delay is on the board. It sounds a whole lot better than the DD-2 I had, but the delay time knob is a bit touchy.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

I still use a rack mount RDS-1900 from the late 80's. It's pretty tough and sounds real good for guitar or mainly we use it for PA of vocals.

Has all knobs for control. No scrolling through menus or any of that "digital" crap.

speed, depth, mix, dry out, mix out, hold, delay time, regen, mix. Has four "ranges" of delay times. "Chorus", "flange", "delay", "echo"

I've also got a GSP-5 that is way overkill and sounds real "digital". I never use it. It's such a toy.

I used to love my old Digitech Echo-Plus 8 second delay/sampler. It was great for live use and had a very warm sound. I had tons of fun creating loops and using it with other delays for that elusive (in those days anyway) dual delay vibe. I loved it....until it died 3 years later. My buddy bought one as well and also loved it for live use...until it died 2.5 years later. Another buddy had the Programmable Distortion pedal which he also used live until...you guessed it--it died 4 years later.

Fast forward 10 years or so and after my bandmate got done raving about his RP-something at a practice it....died on the spot, right on cue. We opened it up and decided that the illness was terminal due to all the lifting traces and plastic switches, etc. Amazingly, I ignore all of the above and go out and buy a brand new RP (20?) because I'm sick of carrying all those pedals. Despite the fact that it sounded a bit 'metallic' and was definitely less dynamic than my pedals I was convinced that I could make it work for me. Which it did, flawlessly, until...the first time its used live where it freaks out, loses sound and won't reboot back into my existing and painstakingly created patch bank. I sold it off the next day when it, of course, had begun to work properly again.

Hopefully, this has finally learned his lesson...
    Tone is in the fingers, eh? Let's hear your Vox, Marshall and Fender fingerings then...