Thread: Worst gig ever!!! (So far :bh)

Worst gig ever!!! (So far :bh)

Well, I guess they have to happen. It's just the way it is, but you have bad nights and good nights; great nights and nights like last night.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'll be brief and skip some of the drama and stick to equipment issues -in chronological order:

1) The singer's Gibson Chet Atkins crapped out, just back from the shop.

2) My back up guitar (A Blade Tele) starts crackling at the input jack and the selector switch. His back up guitar has a crack on the soundboard, happened last week. He did not bring it to the show. We switch to my P.O.S. acoustic with a soundhole p'up.

3) The PA starts a nasty farting sound with the vocals and the guitars. Can't figure out if it's the pa or the speakers. My acoustic was also going through the pa, it was unbearable. We plug it straight into my back up amp.

4) My ZVex SHO (clean boost that I just wired for 9 volt input) starts squealing. I bypass it. My FD2 (I had it running on 18 volts) starts doing a similar thing, I switch it to 9 volt and it isn't as bad.

We called it quits @ 12 am, the vocals were gone and we just couldn't handle the thought of playing for another 1/2 hour. Everyone in the band was having a bad day to some degree already, it was our first gig since our month long break where I was on vacation. They didn't rehearse while I was gone and we only got one rehearsal in before the show -I got in on Sunday night.

Oh well. We still have tomorrow's show to look forward to, I plan on making it up. I have to troubleshoot the pa in the morning, but we'll have to rent or borrow a pa....
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

Re: Worst gig ever!!! (So far :bh)

Could it be an ancient building with crappy wiring?

"If we get our shit together it'll be all right."

There's no explaining these disasters. Or blaming. Once in a while things just go to hell. That makes the good nights more precious.

Hang and rattle, amigo, you're not bucked-off yet.
    Shine your light.

My worst gig.....

Playing in a club called the Valley Tavern......
    It was in a valley real near where I-65 crosses the path of AL Hwy 53 near the world famous Boobie Bungalow in Elkton TN............

It was a dark and rainy night....by the third set, water was about 6 inches deep on the dance floor in front of the 12 inch elevated stage....................

ah, the good old days..........................
    If you leave the house, you're just asking for it.

Tonight made up for it, tenfold!!!
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

thank god for two night bookings, eh?

FireRidge had a bad night last night. 3 members sick, tried out new wireless rigs that turn out to be on the same channel, leads in the wrong key, forgotten chords, forgotten words, ground fault in the building wiring, M-n-M's amp died at the end of a set. Thank God for enthusiastic crowds. We managed to pull our act together at the end of the 2nd set and had the place jumpin' for the 3rd and 4th. As has been said so many times here, the people in the crowd didn't realize that we were screwing up so they just had a great time partying. Oh well, now we have a day of rest before the Toys For Tots Jam tomorrow.
    If you can't laugh at yourself, who can?

Damn Bobcat, you forgot the freakin banner falling on the drummer's head :fall :rofl :rofl :rofl
    I'm lost I've gone to look for myself If I get back b4 I return please ask me to wait

sorry BB! Ya' know those SHO's are very finicky pedals. Mine made occasional funny noises too!