Thread: Public Thanks to.....

Public Thanks to.....

Offshore Angler, Rickenjangle and the rest of the Crossfyre gang!.
    Wow! What a great weekend! Back to Back gigs outdoors in September in the great northeast with no rain and decent temps. Guys, you were awesome, we really kicked some butt and I don't think I've had so much fun in a gig for a long time. Seems like we actually became a band during the second set of Friday and it carried through the rest of the weekend. Stage diving (well, jumping), dropped verses without a hitch, smiling... no, laughing faces all around. The music was wonderful. Greg said I played "Hard To Handle" better than he's ever heard. I think I agree. We all were ON! Man! Little Sister, Friends In Low Places, and Johnny B Goode just really nailed that audience.
    Thanks for the good time.
    BTW, Nick (the guy who paid us) said we were many times better than he even hoped. We played all the stuff they wanted to hear and more. He appreciated some of the throwbacks (Johnny B. Goode, Spooky and the like) and was surprized we did "Heaven" so well.
    If, at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.
    Two leaps per chasm is fatal!

Re: Public Thanks to.....

Wanted to echo Mikey's sentiments. A good time was had by all. Especially the dancers we had; nothing like a full dance floor to ramp up the energy.

Also wanted to take a minute to thank the guys in the band for their forebearance on Saturday. It was the first and only time I've done the 'lead singer shows up just before the performance and leaves just afterward' thing...thru no fault of my own it was an "I've got the kids" weekend and I had to get back home to relieve my parents of their kid-sitting duties so they could go home. Thanks, guys, you're the coolest!

JB

"I'm gonna find myself a girl
    that can show me what laughter means
    And we'll fill in the missing colors
    In each other's paint-by-number dreams..."

Ya! Especially the hottie sideling up on that old guy's leg. I don't know how you remembered any words. I was in the back on auto-pilot and almost lost the beat.

It was just too much fun. I came home and told Mrs. OA that now I remember why I do this. After the stoner rock star wannabees inthe last band, I was ready to retire. I got about 4 hours sleep between the two gigs, and still woke up Sunday at 6:30 ready to go. I think you're right, the band has pretty well found its voice.

Johnny, no problem. You can make it up at the next gig!

Thanks for letting mein on the fun guys!

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

OA, are you kidding me?
    No, Thank you for being who you are as a player and a person.
    You've allowed us to be ourselves and do what we do best without covering to much unfamiliar territory. We get to relax and let it flow just because we can count on you to play the right things at the right time and look back and smile at me once in a while. It makes the music better and the band fun.
    I'm just amazed that we all click so well so fast. HGeck, we're even listening to each other all ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    Ya! Especially the hottie sideling up on that old guy's leg. I don't know how you remembered any words. I was in the back on auto-pilot and almost lost the beat.
    So, now they're calling that sidling? I'd call it dry-humping. It was all I could do to not start cracking up. Only thing that stopped me was worrying that she would end up in bed with that geezer and wake up to regret it. (Couldn't have been a whisker over 22, and that guy was old enough to be her great-uncle). It definitely was something, though...for those of you who don't know, the older guy was at one point lying on his back on the ground and the very young, very drunk girl was straddling him, riding him like an electronic bull. My eyes just 'bout popped out of my head, that's for sure.

Good musical times give you energy.

[notice how I didn't comment on the Hottie-on-the-Geezer? ]

Let the good times roll.
    Shine your light.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie D.
    [notice how I didn't comment on the Hottie-on-the-Geezer? ]
    Glad to know we can count on your discretion, Annie...by the way, did you ever figure out how to work the virtual bartender? Aww, you wouldn't like her anyway. :rofl