Thread: Quarter Pounder = P-90

Forum Member

Quarter Pounder = P-90

Seymour Duncans Quarter pounder is said to have the characteristics of P-90's.I found one in my ol' p/up box and put it in my Jap Strat in the bridge position and I'm very impressed,It's pretty close and I've put some vintage 54 Greg Fryer Pickups in middle and neck position which = Tone and meat.
    With those in one strat and my Kinman Blues in my "68 Strat you can cover a lot of sounds
    This is one happy Strat owner
    Rock on

Well

Well they're both overwound singlecoils.

Quarter Pounders kick ass! Period. I prefer them to stacked HBs in a strat. They hum a little, but not enough to worry too much about.

Forum Member
    Dinosaur David B

If you copper shield the guitar as described in Chris Kinmans website then the QUARTER POUNDERS hum is considerably reduced.
    www.kinman.com and check out his tone workshop.
    You can get the copper sheilding from dimarzio thru your local guitar shop.

You'll fall in love with your QUARTER POUNDERS even more

Watto

Thanks

I'll took a look at it, but I'm really not having any significant problems to begin with. And the only shielding I have is a foil-backed pickguard. The body route itself is unshielded.

Actually, I don't believe in that "shielding paint" on any guitar. I have my own tech/guru guy I've been using for 20 years -- who I trust completely, and he doesn't like the job it does or the mess it can make.

Lots of interesting reading over at the Kinman site, nonetheless.

Last edited by Dinosaur David B; 10-01-2002 at 09:29 AM.