Thread: elite strat pickup switches

elite strat pickup switches

I am in the proscess of modifying my tele.
    I put in an extra pickup to make it a strat set up.
    what i want to do is put in the on/off switches that were in the 80's Strat Elite[3 push buttons switches instead of the 5 way switch]
    i contacted Fender and they gave me the part numbers for the three pieces for the set up switch/button/block.
    the switches and the buttons are still available but the block is
    disc.
    My questions for anyone that may have one of these guitars or may know what the answer is ---
    Is the block just a holder for the switches?, Does it serve any other purpose?, can i fabricate something that would do the
    same?
    I haven't got the switches yet just wanted to know what i am in for by tackling this project.

Forum Member
    I've made blocks for these switches for internal Roland Midi installs using plexiglass. You just need to find the right size. I predrill the hole, then shape the block as small as possible, yet maintain strength, drill a very small pilot hole thru the PG or control plate which is used to align the hole of the switch. I glue in place using thick CA or epoxy, let cure and then use the hole in the block as a drill guide for the PG/control plate. Mount the switch screws to the block and yer done!