Thread: Users of EQ - your thoughts please...

Users of EQ - your thoughts please...

I'd like to hear from people who include an EQ pedal or rack EQ in their effects chain.

How do you use 'em? What can it do for you?

I'm just curious. There's no particular "problem" in my sound I'm looking to fix. I was simply wondering about using an EQ pedal to conjur up some different sounds every once in a while.

Thanks

Re: Users of EQ - your thoughts please...

I know a lot of folks use 'em to boost for solos.

i used to use one, but that was when i wasn't too happy with my tone. i think the problem lied in that i was using a bunch of cheap pedals and they where sucking my tone. but... an eg pedal can be used to great effect (no pun intended) for some cool stuff. set it up for a scooped tones, or the opposite. filter, fart machine, the possiblities are pretty much endless. i work with quite a few bands where the guitar player will use the eq pedal as a bosst and to shape his lead tone. cool effect to have. sadly the one i own is always on, so if i wanted to switch it on or off i'd have to make a loop box. but i'm too lazy for that. i haven't used one in my guitar rig for 2 years. but i think they are a great tool to have in your arsenal. so don't be a and get one already!
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Yup they are good for boost and with a little tweaking you might discover more tone. Have not used one in many years. I think it amplified more hiss than I wanted it too if I remember correctly.

I used mine as a tone-shaping lead booster...a "third" channel on a 2-channel amp, if you will...at that time, I only knew of Mesa-Boogie that had it...but I couldn't afford a Mesa