Thread: TFF NE Jam - Thanks T-B!

TFF NE Jam - Thanks T-B!

A great time as always!

Who knew I knew the riffs to Ramblin' Man? Certainly not me.

Who knew I didn't know the words to Killin' Floor. Or in fact, couldn't sing.

Awesome acoustic jamming with Gibson Junkie and Tele-Bob. OK, T-B was playing Neo Fauve's [?] strat, but I was doing the acoustic thing. I'll try not to rush ALL of the tempos....

And JPage ended up with Tele-Bob's Deluxe Reverb II. A great choice!

Awful sneaky of Fenderboy to disguse his originals as covers, so we'd play them.

Anybody got photos?
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

Re: TFF NE Jam - Thanks T-B!

Thanks also from the Junkies... We had a blast. TB - if you got short on the income, drop an e-mail and we'll contribute - I mean it!!!

Pics are uploading now - I'll have them up and running soon...

Kap'n - a pleasure!!!!

Also had a great acoustic jam with thebluesbarn and NeoFauve with Gus on drums and Fenderboy kibbutzing (Is it kibbitz or kibbutz?)

I won't even talk aabout my electric playing...

The tornado in Waterbury was cool, even if we were driving through Waterbury at the time... the mrs. got a bit nervous!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

I have a few pics as well and I'll have them up tomorrow. As alway, Bob gives good jam. A big shout-out to TB who organized another great event and friends new and old for making the day so cool.
    "I got murder in my heart for the judge."

Forum Member

Bob is the FDP/TFF Pro at Jams. He's been to enough.

Had a great commute with Dawn and Sue (TexasBluesGirl and Shadoe). I got to drive Dawns cool PT Cruiser most of the way.

I had fun playing, and enjoyed FenderBoy's choice of songs...and that he really let me stretch out on them. I tried to play fairly normal, but having a Yellow Mustang with Orange Stripes leads me to "note wackiness" most times.
    Thanks to all. It was great meeting new guys, and seeing Tom P. for the second time in 2 weeks. He made the TDPRI Jam also.
    We'll get to stay longer and play more next time.
    P.S. I rushed home for a gig that got rained out. DAMN!!!
    Strats and Mustangs and Coronados...OH MY!

Oh Man, IPL - that's a shame we were few in number, but mighty in spirit!!!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I had such a good time yesterday and wish I could have spent more time with everyone. It gets difficult when you're the host to spend some quality time with everyone, and get some playing in too. Nice jams with IPL, Kap'n, FenderBoy, Lonesome Kid Wolfe and his hotshot buddy on guitar, and ric480, and so many others. I have yet to jam with Butterfingers, and unfortunately did not have the chance to jam with thebluesbarn or Mark Jacobs who brought along that sweet Copper Tele of his and also filled in on bass. Thanks Mark! I had a great time. The smaller crowd was fun and easier to deal with. A bit more personal. Thanks everyone for coming!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Thanks Tele-Bob for another fine jam. Thanks to everyone for showing up and making it a great time.

I should'a planned on meeting up with the gang for breakfast, but Mrs thebluesbarn is not a morning person, especially Sunday mornings! It's 9:30 and she is still asleep. I could'a packed up thebluesbarn jr. and head out to Stratford, but it would not have been the same.....

When and where is the next jam? :wail2
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

It was a great breakfast as usual. We were talking about how much fun it is when lesbians make lewd comments about other woman while in the company of men. Then Gibsonjunkie commented that he's "a lesbian trapped in a man's body". And we all had to know if he pretends he's wielding a strap-on when in the throws of passion. Then we talked about a new marketing concept, "Strap-On Tools" ya know, like "Snap-On"? and the whole conversation went in the toilet. Lots of laughs.

Oh yeah - like TeleBob telling us how HARD it is to take pictures of nekkid wimmin....

It was a great time!!!!!!!

fodder for the Bozone indeed!

Make sure you thank Mike from the Band Room from all of us, too. He really makes it possible to do this, and he hung around all day to make sure everybody had a good time. That "Montana Gold" Gibson (PEOPLE!!! A Guitar - I tell you!!!) he brought out was one of the nicest J-200's I've ever seen... Sounded nice, too!

SEE!!!!!!

Mike was great. He even gave me a t-shirt to take home. It was awesome seeing everyone again, and even more awesome meeting others for the first time. Mrs. Junkie is a great photographer & melon designer, and now I know what the other, other Paul looks like.

Thanks, everyone, for the laughs and good time.
    In focus since September 2003

IPLAYLOUD...Funny you should mention our musical interlude.

Tele-Bob was in the room and playing thru his amp, which you used, right after you left. We did a number after which he said, "We're gettin' kinda loud" and I pointed out that YOU were the last player to use his amp...which, of course explained it immediately.

It was a treat and a half to make some loud music with you, my man. That $100.00 Mustang really has a lot of wallop!

Forum Member

Hey FB...the reason I had to raise the volume was to GET some wallop out of that Mustang. I disconnected TB's pedals and just used my old Boss Echo.

I'm looking forward to the next jam.
    Strats and Mustangs and Coronados...OH MY!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoe
    Mike was great.
    Man, is he ever the gracious host. Got a chance to try out his '55 strat, amonst a few other goodies. Nice and sweet. I thought for one brief second to check out the differences between it any my 50th Am series, but then I thought better of it.

I probably should have seen how accurate the two color burst was, anyway.
    Several guitars in different colors
    Things to make them fuzzy
    Things to make them louder
    orange picks

yeah Mike is the man! He is such a big part of these jams and I'm glad to see so many of you recognize him in this thread. Mike is a big part of the local music community in that he is always first to offer help, provide information, accomodate all requests and The Band Room, (Mike's business), has become a center for musicians to meet, hone their skills, and form bands in a fully equipped, pro environment. Mike even "worked with me" Saturday when he saw that attendence was a little slim as compared to previous jams. This was a big financial help. Thanks for taking notice of his efforts. Without Mike and The Band Room, I don't know if we'd be having these jams at all!

I told you Mike RAWKS!!

I was suprised at two things;
    1) that fenderboy was such a good singer! I mean, I've heard him sing before, but this time I really noticed that he could really sing.
    2) that gibsonjunkie can sing and write! What a great bunch of songs we were jammin on of his. It was a lot of fun I tell you! Thanks Nick!
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

(blush)

FenderBoy, at your age that's not blush, it's rosatia! Bwah ha ha!

Fender Boy sang and I missed it?

DAYUM!!!!!
    In focus since September 2003

Forum Member

Thanks to Tele-Bob and "Mike of the Band Room" for hosting yet another great time. Special thanks to Nick and Ann for the jam pictures and the post jam comedics. I got to play some bass (beautiful playing bass, Mark J), lots of drums, some guitar and had a nice little jazzy jam with TB at the very end. Congrats to Jpage on the amp purchase - enjoy !

Hey let's do this again real soon !!!

:yay
    Lot's of fun meeting and hanging with everybody, and trying to play the blues.
    Kind of disorienting, keeping online and real-life names and faces straight. We're all actual people!
    I'll have to go to more jams until it all sinks in.
    Since I'm a kinaesthetic learner.

Thanks TB and everybody who helped make a great day happen.
    "Well, I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused..."
    Elvis Costello

It was awesome. Me and Brady had a great time; and TB, that amp is great. I turned it up to 4 1/2 - 5 yesterday and had a lot of fun with it.

Good work! I can't wait until the next one.
    I got nothin'.

Quote Originally Posted by thebluesbarn
    I told you Mike RAWKS!!

I was suprised at two things;
    1) that fenderboy was such a good singer! I mean, I've heard him sing before, but this time I really noticed that he could really sing.
    2) that gibsonjunkie can sing and write! What a great bunch of songs we were jammin on of his. It was a lot of fun I tell you! Thanks Nick!
    It was nice to hear those songs with others... I'm so used to singing solo I ahve no way to judge them. Thanks Frank - I enjoyed playing with yo uand NeoFauve (and Gus trying to keep up with my off-tempos).