Thread: Roger Girke and the Funky Twisters- great band!

Forum Member

Roger Girke and the Funky Twisters- great band!

Curious if anyone here has been out to hear these guys. They're based out of Delaware... play in Maryland, PA, Jersey, and the Eastern Shore too.

These guys are VERY tight... monster players. Lots of excellent Tele and Strat tone. Not a weak spot in the whole lineup.

Roger fronts the band and is a helluva guitar player, plus his vocals are *really* strong! One of the few folks that I go out to see where the vocals and guitar are both outstanding.

I've been out to hear them a bunch of times. Got to know them... ended up buying my Tele from Joe LaSorte (another monster on guitar).

They have a CD available... threw a party on a Soundstage and really captured some fantastic stuff. Great vibe.

Here's a LINK to their site.

TFF Stage Crew
    What kind of music do they play?

Tim C.

Forum Member
    Mainly Blues and Funky Blues.

TFF Stage Crew
    Cool. I'll check them out.

Tim C. :)

Forum Member
    You won't be disapointed, Tim :)

These guys just got a writeup in BLUES REVUE magazine... the October/November issue:

"Roger Girke and the Funky Twisters have funk in their trunk, (too), kicking off "We Got The Funky Blues!" (Teletone Records) with a slinky version of "I Just Want To Make Love to You." Guitarist Girke's melodic soloing is a thing to behold, as is his ballsy tone. The band's other axe-slinger, Joe LaSorte, is no slouch himself--there's a ton of killer fretwork. There are ace covers of Deadric Malone's "Ain't Doing Too Bad," Guitar Slim's "The Things That I Used To Do," and The Meters' "Hey Pocky Way," the latter of which features a beautiful tenor sax ride by Wade Clark. This band deserves national attention.