Thread: Pics of Page playing a tele?

Pics of Page playing a tele?

Anybody out there have any good shots of Jimmy Page playing a tele. More specifically that white one with the dragon paint job, although any pics would be cool. A closeup of the dragon design would be even better.

Shawn,

Here's one

Here's another

Here's one of the B-Bender Tele

Here's another one with the B-Bender Tele

Yet another one with the B-Bender

Still frame of the painted Tele from "Supershow"

Another still frame from "Supershow"

A photo I scanned and posted in the Les Paul Forum not too long ago showing Page with his Tele back when the band used Rickenbacker amps.

Hopefully those will keep you busy for a little while. There may be more if you try doing an image search on Google.

Ed

Shawn,

Here's one more, which I scanned from a twenty year old book with a ton of Zep photos. This might make a nice photo for the bottom of the Forum pages, incidentally...

Ed

Last edited by Ed Driscoll; 09-12-2002 at 10:28 PM.

its funny about page with a tele, recently i downloaded from Kazaa a video wich is LAYLA live with clapton, jeff beck and page, beck is playing a strat and page is going on with a black or so it seems tele. It WAS STRANGE for me to see him with it. ;)
    Take Care
    T

COOL! Thanks for the photo's guys. I'll see if I can pull some strings on getting that one at the bottom of the page :tw59

I found this on Rockin' Daddys website. He has a bunch of cool pics for sale.

http://www.rockindaddys.com/

http://www.rockindaddys.com/page.JPG
    ~Gregory

Originally posted by Clapton Fan
    its funny about page with a tele, recently i downloaded from Kazaa a video wich is LAYLA live with clapton, jeff beck and page, beck is playing a strat and page is going on with a black or so it seems tele. It WAS STRANGE for me to see him with it. ;)
    I haven't seen the video that's on Kazaa, but I can just about guarantee that's from one of the Ronnie Lane ARMS concerts (Action for Research into Multiple Sclorosis) and Page is playing his brown painted B-bender Tele. That was his main axe for most the 1980s. This guitar (Page says its neck is from the Tele he played in the 1960s) was modified at some point prior to the 1977 Led Zep tour with a Parsons-White B-Bender. With Zeppelin, Page used it live on "Ten Years Gone" (but it's not on the studio version), and in the studio (and I assume live) on "All My Love", "Hot Dog", and I think I may have overdubbed a few solos on some of the tracks on Coda with it.

In the mid-1980s, he had a Parsons-White B-Bender installed in his early 1970s Les Paul (the same red or purple Les Paul seen as his backup guitar in The Song Remains The Same), but he didn't start really playing that guitar in public until the very late '80s, after the Firm had dissolved.

(Man, I know waaaaaay too much about this stuff, than is healthy.)

Ed
    Last edited by Ed Driscoll; 09-13-2002 at 12:10 PM.

Forum Member
    Ed, I'm sure that your knowledge on this is healthy for you.

It certainly makes me feel better:tw59

Jake

Yeah Ed, I always enjoy some new Zep info :) Have you heard anymore on the possible Page/Plant/JPJ tour? I saw Page/Plant last time around in Dallas and they ROCKED!

Shawn,

I haven't seen anything other than what's been posted in the pub in the Les Paul Forum recently.

Ed

Originally posted by Ed Driscoll
    I haven't seen the video that's on Kazaa, but I can just about guarantee that's from one of the Ronnie Lane ARMS concerts (Action for Research into Multiple Sclorosis) and Page is playing his brown painted B-bender Tele. That was his main axe for most the 1980s. This guitar (Page says its neck is from the Tele he played in the 1960s) was modified at some point prior to the 1977 Led Zep tour with a Parsons-White B-Bender. With Zeppelin, Page used it live on "Ten Years Gone" (but it's not on the studio version), and in the studio (and I assume live) on "All My Love", "Hot Dog", and I think I may have overdubbed a few solos on some of the tracks on Coda with it.

In the mid-1980s, he had a Parsons-White B-Bender installed in his early 1970s Les Paul (the same red or purple Les Paul seen as his backup guitar in The Song Remains The Same), but he didn't start really playing that guitar in public until the very late '80s, after the Firm had dissolved.

(Man, I know waaaaaay too much about this stuff, than is healthy.)

Ed

im almost positive youre right the name of the file talks about ARMS or something like that, i said that the tele was black cause actually the quality of the videoclip altough isnt bad, its sort of dark, wich made it look black. But youre right spot on
    Take Care
    T

Clapton Fan,

As I said, I haven't seen the Kaaza video, but I do have the London ARMS concerts on videotape. I bought them in the early 80s, a couple of years before TSRTS came out on tape. It was the first time I saw Page play.

If "Prelude" or "City Sirens" is available to download, be sure to check them out--Page was really "on" during those London ARMS concerts, as it was either his first time on stage, or one of his first times on stage since Zeppelin broke up after Bonham's death. And Page played the hell out of his B-Bender Tele. Glyn Johns did the sound for those videotapes, and he coaxed an amazing tone out of Page's Tele, which was run through an AC-30 and a slight amount of digital delay.

Ed
    Last edited by Ed Driscoll; 09-13-2002 at 05:31 PM.

How about this one?

John,

Great photos--thanks for posting the URL, it looks like quite a cool site.

Regards,

Ed

Wow John those are great. Thanks for the pics!

Ed,
    Thats the concert where Jimmy does the solo instrumental version of Stairway on the Doubleneck right? I have that tape somewhere but havent watched it in forever.

Originally posted by ShawnRT
    Thats the concert where Jimmy does the solo instrumental version of Stairway on the Doubleneck right? I have that tape somewhere but havent watched it in forever.
    Oddly enough, I found that to be the weakest number of Page's set (at least as it was shown in the videotape): the doubleneck sounds really thin and trebley, the song was clearly designed to showcase a vocalist, and sounds pretty weak without one, and it just generally didn't work for me. But the Chopin knock-off "Prelude", and the two songs from the Death Wish II soundtrack with Steve Winwood on vocals were pretty nifty.

Ed

Yeah to be honest I wasnt that impressed with his performance. I just remember that solo spot because it seemed so empty without Plant, JPJ and Bonham