Thread: NE OH and all TFFers - you are cordially invited this Saturday (7/31) to the.....

NE OH and all TFFers - you are cordially invited this Saturday (7/31) to the.....

....10th annual 'Teddy Bears Picnic" - an extremely casual and fun event with lots of jamming and lots of food, friends and fun. Charley Brown, our one band's namesake/lead guitarist, and his wife, Jackie, put on this annual event to help raise awareness and a few $$ for the local battered women's shelter in Warren, OH (suburb of Youngstown). Admission is only a NEW stuffed animal that will be donated to the shelter for the kids there. We eat, drink and jam all afternoon and all night - and as mentioned, it's a very casual atmosphere. We 'pickup' groups as we go and have a blast.

Here are the particulars (sorry, a bit late and a bit long, but pretty much tells you everything you need to know):

Where and When:
    DATE: Saturday, July 31, 2004

TIME: 3:00pm - ????

PLACE: 11811 PRENTISS ROAD – NELSON TOWNSHIP

PHONE: 330-527-0303 Please R.S.V.P. (especially if you are interested in camping overnight)

Email: cjbrown@nls.net

ADMISSION: A new Teddy Bear or other stuffed animal. The “bears” will be donated to a local Safe House for battered women and children, called “Someplace Safe”, in Warren, OH. Because some of the recipients are babies, the “bears” must be new!

DETAILS: This is our 10th annual picnic-potluck event. Please bring enough for your party and a dish to share. We will furnish plates, napkins, utensils, ice, pop and condiments. We also will have grills for cooking. Some people will want to camp and we have several areas cleared so that we can accommodate, but please call and let us know if you are camping. Remember this is an outdoor event – rain or shine – please be prepared for the weather, hopefully it will be wonderful. Please bring chairs and/or blankets. Friendly dogs and well-behaved children are welcome. Bring a leash just in case (for the dog). We will have the PA set up for entertainment, please see Charley if you want to play. If you want to play at a certain time – just let us know. We want everyone to play; we usually go late so everyone has a chance.

DIRECTIONS: We are located in Nelson Township about 4 miles northeast of Garrettsville or about 4 miles east of Hiram. From I271 and I480 area, you can pick up Route 422 east to Rt 700 south to Rt 305 east four miles to Prentiss Rd north. 11811 Prentiss is about a 1/2 mile north of Rt 305 on the left. Can't miss it, it's one of only two homes on the left (between the cornfields, or whatever crop is planted this year).

Sorry for the late invitation - but it's a great time to be had if you can make it!

TFF Stage Crew

Re: NE OH and all TFFers - you are cordially invited this Saturday (7/31) to the.....

Cool deal TBF--very good cause. I was born in Warren. (I'm Greek, no big surprise ).

Our little one isn't of travelling age yet, otherwise I'd love to come. I could see some good music AND get some of my favorite food in the world in Warren. (Sunrise Inn pasta and/or Uncle Nick's Greek Fried Chicken. Mmmmmmmmmm ). :yay

Re: NE OH and all TFFers - you are cordially invited this Saturday (7/31) to the.....

Sorry you can't make it, Jack. I'll have a drumstick for ya!