Thread: The NY/NJ/CT Forum Jam is officially GO!!!

Forum Member

The NY/NJ/CT Forum Jam is officially GO!!!

Alright gang - the NY/NJ/CT Les Paul Forum, Fender Forum and Café Wah party and jam session is officially GO!

Time: Saturday, Oct. 12th from 1:00pm 'til 8:00pm.
    Place: Jimmy's Seaside, 891 Cove Road, Stamford, CT 203-964-9225

There will be sandwiches, chips and pasta salad provided (I can make changes to the menu if desired), and the bar will be open! If you're not 21, don't sweat it. Just don't do anything silly that might jeopardize things. Also, the restaurant will be open at around 5:00pm for those that might want a more substantial meal later on (not included).

There's plenty of room for playing and general mingling and hanging out. There are pool tables for the sharks amongst us. ;)

I will have an excellent bass player willing to hang out all day, and am deciding between a couple of drummers for the "house" band. Rest assured that the rhythm section will be tight. But - by all means bring any musician friends that you'd like to. There's time and room for everyone!

I'll be providing 4 amps to choose from - my '68 50-watt Marshall w/4x12, Matchless SC30, '64 Deluxe Reverb and '65 Pro Reverb. I have Hot Plates for the Marshall and Matchless to keep the volume at a "reasonable" level. HA! I have a solid assortment of stomp boxes, but bring whatever else you might wish to use. Also bring some cables (long and short) and your AXE.

If anyone has a portable DAT recorder and a pair of decent mics, bring 'em along. Also, bring a camera if you have one. I'd like to preserve this event for posterity.

As I've said, I'm willing to cover most of the cost of this venture (the owner is giving me a very good deal), but donations would be appreciated. Whatever you can spare is fine - $10 or so.

I have high hopes that this will be a lot of fun - I'm looking forward to meeting as many members as can make it. It's been mentioned that we could get a small write-up in Vintage Guitar magazine if we pull this off, so let's try for a big turnout.

You can leave messages here, or email me directly with questions or suggestions at: flavum@optonline.net

Thanks for everyone's interest and commitment to our little soirée. Best wishes, and see you soon! Tom

Directions:

From I-95 North - take exit 9 in CT, and turn right at end of ramp (Seaside Ave). At first traffic light (about a mile or so), you'll be at a "T" with Cove Road. Jimmy's Seaside is directly across the "T" in front of you. There's also ample parking right across the street.

From I-95 South - take exit 9 in CT. At end of ramp, turn left and get into the right lane to turn right onto Seaside Ave (first right at traffic light). At first traffic light (about a mile or so), you'll be at a "T" with Cove Road. Jimmy's Seaside is directly across the "T" in front of you. There's also ample parking right across the street.
    Last edited by Flavum; 09-08-2002 at 08:16 PM.

Damn! I'll be in Las Vegas that weekend.

Oh well. Have fun!

Sounds good!

Thats really cool Flavum, wish I was close enough to join in the fun!

damn, I would go just to be able to try those amps! a pretty sweet selection to choose from!

gotta check the calendar. I think I'm seeing Govt Mule that night in Philly.

Forum Member
    Flavum: I think that it's pretty darn great that you stuck your neck out and put this jam up! You're giving guys a chance to see what it's like play with a solid rythmn section. Too bad more people aren't participating, but oh well. It just gives the rest of us more time with the band!
    Last edited by rayh; 09-09-2002 at 06:57 AM.

Registered
    Hey if I lived closer I'd be there! Good luck with the jam! :)

Forum Member
    Things are still on for 10/12, for anyone that's interested.

I've already got one drummer lined up that I've played with often that's got great time and will ring your ears with his 2/4 (if neccesary!). I've spent too much time playing with "tippy-tap" drummers (nothing against the Dead), and it's so refreshing to play with someone that can really nail a solid backbeat.

I'll post more updates as they become available, but keep your calendars clear.

Best - Tom

Forum Member
    Flavum: One of my biggest worries is that the local universities catch wind of this event. If that happens then that place will be overrun with beautiful coeds.

I think I'll start making up flyers to post at all the local colleges.:%

Damn, I'll be in Upstate NY. Sounds like a heck of a lot of fun.