Thread: Jeff Beck models...no love?

Forum Member

Jeff Beck models...no love?

I have been lurking lately and have not seen any Jeff Beck model threads,why not? I am going to assume there are not many owners of these. Any reasons why?I know the newer ones have a little more playable neck. I am thinking of picking one up instead of a "Vintage Player".Mainly because I use the tremelo quite a bit and like the roller nut and locking tuners other than that my second choice is the Vintage Player. Any thoughts??

Re: Jeff Beck models...no love?

If memory serves me correctly, the JB model has noiseless p'ups in it which are just about as popular as Cyber Twins 'round these parts. That might explain the lack of inclusion.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Duluth, MN. Birthplace of Bobby Zimmerman

I have a Vintage Player, it's a great guitar. The 'vintage' style appointments (bridge, tuners, Texas special pups, etc.) with the 9.5 radius neck and med jumbo frets make it truly, a great 'player'.

I also have a late '80's Strat Plus. This has the wilkenson roller nut, sperzel tuners, modern 2 fulcrom bridge, hip shot trem and Lace sensor gold noiseless pups. It also has a wider raduis (at least 10", I believe) and med jumbo frets. I believe the Strat Plus was born from early Beck model prototypes.

You could probably save a bunch o' cash and score a used Strat Plus ($400 to 500)and fit it with whatever pup's, etc you want and have a killer axe.
    "If you're cool, you don't know nothin' about it. It just is...or you ain't." - Keith Richards

Forum Member

Cooltone, the strat plus is a very cool axe...that thought hasn't crossed my mind,although that would mean I would more than likely buy one without laying my hands on it first.

tele-bob,I guess I'll research these pickups to see whats up.I really dig Becks style and how he sustains and floats notes.