Thread: American elux ash with Maple Fretboard

Forum Member

American Deluxe Ash With Maple Fretboard

I am looking at the American Deluxe Strat with the new noiseless pickups and S1 switching. Does any body have inside info. on this guitar. I love the sound of a Strat played through a Super Reverb. I have played Gibsons for most of my guitar life. I am not replacing but adding.
    I wouls appreciate and help or information.
    Pete :ahem

Re: American elux ash with Maple Fretboard

I had an American Deluxe Strat with Noiseless p'ups and it was BRIGHT! I never cared for the VN p'ups. I changed them 4 times in that guitar and finally sold it because I couldn't get it to sound right. I play mostly clean with a little over drive for solos and in those circumstances the fender VN p'ups just didn't cut it. They actually weren't too bad if I used a lot of gain, but I normally don't play that way. A rosewood board on an ash body would sound better, or my personal favorite, a maple neck on an alder body. Much richer tone.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

TFF Stage Crew

Re: American Deluxe ash with Maple Fretboard

The pickups in the new Deluxe Strats with the S1 switching are the Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups. They are supposed to be an improvement over the older Fender Vintage Noisless pickups, though I have no first-hand experience with them yet.