Thread: Bought my 1st tube amp: a Fender VC...

Forum Member

Bought my 1st tube amp: a Fender VC...

So I bought a 1966 Vibro Champ. For too much dough, I know. But I wanted something small and simple and tube. Tried a scratchy Musicmaster Bass amp the other day, and have always liked Pro Juniors... But anyway: I decided to buyt the VC without seeing or hearing it, and am now waiting for delivery of it!

The guy said it's all original, with NOS National Electronics tubes. ...I don't really know any of the mumbo jumbo when it comes to amps, but that's what he said.

Please fill me in on opinion or fave mods or whatever!

Re: Bought my 1st tube amp: a Fender VC...

cool deal - let's hear about it when you get it! should be allot of fun.

Congratulations on the new amp. My '64 VibroChamp is one of my favorite amps. There are a number of threads both here and at the LPF regarding mods. Do a search and you'll come up with some cool ideas. While I did try a couple of the mods (tone stack bypass and negative feedback mod) I have kept mine stock electronically. I did replace the original speaker with one of the Jensen reissues. Weber makes a great replacement as well and while I use his speakers in all of my other amps, I have stayed with the Jensen in my champ.
    Enjoy your new amp.

The amp I sold that I now miss the most.
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6