Thread: Anyone checked out the New Squire quilt or flam strats yet?

Anyone checked out the New Squire quilt or flam strats yet?

The look interesting to me ... very interesting.
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Forum Member

Re: Anyone checked out the New Squire quilt or flam strats yet?

Are the bodies still about 3/4 of an inch thick.............. lol

I do not know. The Tele things are pretty decent. The new squires are supposed to take regular Fender pickguards, and things like that now. It is also alder (pieces I am sure).

Dale
    Guitars: Teles, Strats, LP, VW Wormoth, others. Amps: Bassman LTD, Richter 5e3, 5e3 Head, Taynor Bassmaster II, Gretsch 6150 (Supro), others. Board: Guitar>Java Boost> Huckleberry>Fuzz Head>Top Fuel> SFX-03 >Keeley 4 knob Comp>EH Clone Chorus>Flanger>DD-6

Forum Member
    He used to cut the grass...But now his mind is totally destroyed by music.

Haven't seen those, but the "light ash" strats and teles don't weigh any less, that I can tell, than anything else.

I am visiting my parents in Rochester, MN and they had a newer version cherry burst squire at Schmidt music. It played pretty well and looked great. It appeared to be a 3 piece alder body and the burst was see-through even on the edges. The fret ends needed to be smoothed and polished but for $270 it was a pretty decent guitar.