Thread: DR strings

DR strings

ok im confused. a few weeks ago i bought a set of DR lo-riders as replacements for the fender strings that came with me new p-bass. this was at my local store in hagerstown, md., where i've bought 90% of my gear in the past two years. the package says "LO-RIDER" Nickel-Plated right above the guage specs.

then yesterday, i went to the guitar center in rockville, md., (another post waiting to be born) saw they had DR strings and asked for another set of lo-riders while i was there. it wasn't until i got home that i noticed that the new package states "LO-RIDER" Stainless Steel in the same place as the other.

anyone else notice this? did they change and i missed it? i love DR strings but i need nickel-plate.
    "Wait, it's a trap. Get an axe."

Forum Member
    Hey, my sources tell me DR was purchased BY fender, but fender did not buy the tooling to produce the strings the same way. I had DR strings on 5 basses at one time till I bought a bad set, then I was kinda turned off when the salesman told me what fender had done. I had a pair of highbeams on a Marcus Miller bass and no matter what I did the G kepted slipping, go figure.

Forum Member
    Oops I forgot to mention they did come both ways !