Thread: Celestion V30's w/DSL100... opinions please!

Forum Member

Celestion V30's w/DSL100... opinions please!

Hi, I play strats with buckers or FasttrackII's in the bridge, and play Hard rock mostly (AIC, Tool, Hendix) and also some blusier and/or spacier stuff (like Pink Floyd). How are the Celestion V30's for this? Are they high in mids, bass, treble??? How do they stand up under high volumes in a Marshall 4X12? Any info/advice appreciated,

Thanks,

LOH

Forum Member ferdi from Germany's Avatar
    Hi there. The V30s are great speakers for both clean and overdriven/distorted sounds. Their quality lies in the boosted warm mids and never shrill treble. The bass is always tight because their response does not strech to the deepest areas.

For HB equipped guitars however, they could provide toomuch warmth/mids, especially with a fat sounding head like the Marshall DSL. I'd at least TRY the Grrenbacks for comparison.

cu, ferdi

Forum Member
    Thanks Ferdi.

I don't have buckers in the bridge of all my strats, but I do on alot of them. I have cabs with celestion 75's, 65's, and greenbacks already... just looking for somethingf different, I guess. alot of people suggest rying them in conjunction with other speakers to get a mix... I might try this.

Thanks for the info/opinions though,

LOH

Forum Member ferdi from Germany's Avatar
    AS for the never shrill treble of the V30s, I have to say that I have the presence turned down to "5".
    It always dependson ther amp, of course, just like some think the Greenbasck is asmooth as others say it is a trebly speaker.
    Compared to the Greenback, I'd say the V30 has thick boosted mids.

Forum Member
    "Compared to the Greenback, I'd say the V30 has thick boosted mids."

Sounds good to me. I prefer thick mids, and plenty of them!

LOH