Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Dream Fender Amp

TFF Stage Crew

Your Dream Fender Amp

What would be you dream amp from Fender? What features would it include?

Tim C. :)

Three channels, clean, O/D for rythem playing and just plain nasty for leads. Built in chorus and delay, usable at same time. Fully controllable footswitch. 100watt's, stereo. :wail2
    Aaron
    Alias: Fat Dog Lee
    Play it like ya mean it.
    http://www.groups.msn.com/aaronsclub

OK, since we've entered fantasy land...here goes.....Pretty Simple two channel amp. PTP wired for easy servicing. Channel one with a tweed voicing ala deluxe/super or bassman (5E3 or 5F4-A type circuit). Channel 2 voiced as a blackface pro, super, deluxe reverb (AA/AB763 circuit). Ampeg Reverberocket reverb circuit. Fender brownface harmonic vibrato circuit ala brownface pro/super/concert. Both the reverb and harmonic vibrato circuit able to be used by either channel 1 or 2. This would also allow you to chain the channels together. All of this in a roughly 30-40 watt package. Make it as a head only and have different speaker cabs available in 1x12, 2x10, 3x10, 4x10, 2x12 and 1x15 configurations. Should please just about anybody.

Forum Member
    I would have to say just a "real" BlackFace Twin Reverb; not an RI and I would be set. Maybe some casters...:nelson

Add one more for the real vintage amps...

I'd kill for a real, like new low-power twin. Vicky makes 'em, and I'll own one someday. I really don't care if Fender redoes 'em or not.
    Jason
    The Bear Guy

TFF Stage Crew
    Originally posted by Spose
    Since this is a fantasy thread, I'll say this,
    I wish they would recreate the reissues EXACTLY like the originals, then there wouldn't be a need for any new models :):spose

PS - while we're dreaming....same original prices too:tw59
    Everything in the model line from 1959 - 1966 would be my dream.

The boutique guys have all the other variables covered with low-powered versions and channel switching models they've come up with.

TFF Stage Crew
    I have always wondered why Fender hasn't addressed the Bassman clones by building a custom shop hand wired circuit card amp like the originals. If done right, we wouldn't need the hundreds of boutique buliders to fill that niche.

The biggest problem I have seen with new Fender amps is quality control and component selection. Even their Sunn series amps seem to have minor problems right out of the box.

I think Fender could make reissues of the blackface series amps hand wired that would be competatively priced if they wanted to. They already have a hard working labor force in Mexico that could do the work reasonably.

My dream amp would be a real hand wired custom shop replica of a Super or Twin Reverb. Or a quality reissue of the Fender 75 all hand wired with slightly different specs to the circuitry.

Nothing beats true Fender tube driven reverb.

Tim C. :)

Forum Member
    Standin' at the crossroads, shoutin' at the devil.
    A Bassman/Deluxe Reverb/'65 Twin all in a head with a 2x12, Alnico Blue loaded cab. :)
    The man with magic hands.

Forum Member

Its already been built

1960 - 1962 Fender Super. I would just prefer it as a head over 2x12.....1 Weber Silver Bell and 1 Blue Dog.
    Twist the volume control, they are Fender to "7" and OLD Marshall beyond.

Best Blues,
    Cookie

My dream Fender is the one I already have--'60 tweed Bassman :boobs

Big Cookie. Good to see you around, it's been a while.

Forum Member
    FWIW... Ritchie Fliegler's reasons for why Fender doesn't do the PTP stuff the way it used to be is in this issue of TQR I have linked at the bottom (it requires a pdf veiwer like Adobe Acrobat). It's on or around page 5.

http://www.tonequest.com/pdf_pubs/TQRFender.pdf
    Do you know me? O' coase you do!!!!

Dream amp:

Princeton Reverb, BUT:
    12" speaker, SS rectifier, no tremolo, 6L6 tubes, PTP of course, a bit higher wattage too.

That'd be nice. :)
    "Insurance is like marriage, you pay and pay but you never get anything back" - Al bundy.

4 tweed deluxes duct taped around an AC30 with a fender logo on it. :)
    Last edited by Tonefiend; 08-15-2002 at 01:13 AM.

Forum Member
    A BF Super Reverb that weighs only 15lbs. That would be my dream Fender.

i dunno, I'm thinkin' a Tweed Pro with a three-knob reverb might be *it* for me...
    Regards, Dave Orban

Forum Member
    Aaron, Just got a stage 100 dsp combo brand new in the box. Gigged with it tonight. Sounds like what your looking for. Have 2 blackfaces and wanted to try the new thing. It is nice

Forum Member
    Big Cookie: nice I choice. Just so happens I just picked up a '62 brown Super from Willie's and this is sure a great tone. Probably my favorite remains my Victoria lo-power tweed Twin, as it is the most versatile for any gig from small club to big outdoor stuff.

But the dream Fender probably is essentially a dream: The brown tolex Twin. If anyone has ever seen one of these in person I would love to hear all about it of course...rarest of the rare.

A Fender BF Vibroverb with a 15" JBL.

Fender just needs to make a new one so we dont have to pay $3,000 for the used ones.
    Last edited by Marcondo; 08-17-2002 at 11:58 AM.

Forum Member

dream amp?

since i already have a bfsr,i guess i'd have to have a real 59 bassman!!!

chris

Forum Member

Dream Fender amp?

2002 Fender CS Clapton sig. PTP lo-pwr Tweed Twin which is cheaper than Victoria's.

Forum Member
    Scott Pearson's '59 Bassman

Forum Member
    Hi Tim,
    I've got to say my favourite amp would be a Tweed Twin! Interesting to note another member suggests the low powered Twin that was made for Eric Clapton, by John Page of the Custom shop I think! Does anyone know if this special order can be repeated for the likes of us 'Un-known' players? Eric gave one of the 3 he had made to BB King as a gift!

Forum Member
    How about Stevie Rays 2 VIBROVERBS with sequential serial numbers(tone heaven)

Forum Member
    Originally posted by relic
    Hi Tim,
    I've got to say my favourite amp would be a Tweed Twin!
    Are you interested in a low powered Tweed Twin? I have a Victoria Tweed Twin (50212) I'd like to sell, but I haven't gotten around to posting it, anywhere. Email me if interested.

Forum Member
    I own a 73 vibrolux that's been blackfaced, a 72 deluxe with 6l6's and will soon own a 68 super reverb. Cool amps, but i must say i have been dreaming about a high power tweed twin with C12N speakers and a tube reverb. killer tele rig. That amp is what kirchen used on hot rod lincoln in commaner cody.

Forum Member
    Formerly Stroker Ace
    An exact reissue of the first silver face mastervolume twin (the one before the push pull).

Forum Member
    An amp that sounded like a blackface twin reverb on "10" with the volume level of a princeton.

Forum Member
    Originally posted by relic
    Hi Tim,
    I've got to say my favourite amp would be a Tweed Twin! Interesting to note another member suggests the low powered Twin that was made for Eric Clapton, by John Page of the Custom shop I think! Does anyone know if this special order can be repeated for the likes of us 'Un-known' players? Eric gave one of the 3 he had made to BB King as a gift!
    Actually the tweed twin Clapton is using alot right now is one Dennis Cornell built for him in England.

I'd love a tweed bassman with reverb & trem/vibrato.

I'd like a 1x12 or 1x15 lower power version of the Vibroking that could run 40-50 watts with 6L6's or 20-25 watts with 6V6s. Besides being a great amp for recording, I'd think it would appeal to people who play mostly at home.

Thanks for that link to the Ritchie interview, very interesting stuff. He makes a lot of good points but the one thing I don't get is why not make certain Custom Shop or limited run amps ONLY for the U.S. market(avoiding all the export certification & safety issues)? Fender Japan makes guitars just for that market, so why can't Fender USA do the same?

Fender Bullet. 38watts of true solid state tone. Hit the distortion button and you have that... two-cats-in-a-duffle-bag... OD. Turn down the bass and dime the treble in on this channel and bees think its a mating call...so you gotta keep your windows and doors shut!

But seriously,....having an early '70's Marshall and a brownface fender...I imagine I'd like to try out the Plexi's and the '59 Bassman..to see what Im missing...So I guess my answer is..Im not really sure yet.
    "Blue horse-shoe loves Andicott Steel"

Forum Member
    How about a 1966 Vibrolux Reverb, 50 watts, 2x12 Jensens

Forum Member
    BFDR from 1964-67 still my favorites.

Forum Member

Amp Messing

Whilst saving my hard earned for the tweed twin of my dreams I thought you might like to know what I've done to my Peavey Classic 50 2 x 12.
    I ripped the tolex tweed off and put the real stuff on it myself, replaced the power tubes for Harma's and the pre's for Electro Harmonix, popped 2 Jensen Alnico's in and aged the tweed to look like a 50's bar room renegade!!!
    Its sure giving me a decent return for little investment!!
    Still want a better one someday!!!!

At home(some gigs too) I play my 1970 princeton reverb with an extra closed back Fender ext. 12 " sounds Great.
    I always liked the Super Reverb Amp, but never liked the 4X10
    arrangement, Always liked the Twin Reverb but too much juice to break up and get dirty.Got me a Pro Reverb Silverface(no master vol) blackface mods, good tubes, and put two Marshall Wolverine 12's(designed for open backs) in it , WOW!!!everyone that plays and hears it that is using a Super Reverb likes it BETTER !!! Same basic amp but 2X12'S !!!! Wish it wasn't so #$%&&* Heavy to carry to gigs, but when you plug in you forget how heavy it is to carry 'cause it sounds HEAVY !!! (and clean too if you want) Try it and you'll like it !!!!

Originally posted by Teleologist
    Fender Japan makes guitars just for that market, so why can't Fender USA do the same?
    Man, I've wondered that for years!

I think I have my dream Fender amp- '62 Pro. Wunderbar! Been playing thru it all evening.

Well, I alreadt have my '74 Princeton Reverb that's sorely in need of a service, and I just picked up an '81-ish Twin Reverb cheap from a buddy 'cos it wasn't working and he had some bills to pay. That's in the repair shop as we speak with "Fix the bugger" pinned to it. Don't feel to bad for my mate, he's got another twenty-some amps to be going on with. In fact when I last saw my Twin it had his '65 BF Bandmaster head sitting on top of it. Same instructions. He's got another Twin too, a SF Quad Reverb, a BF Showman head, SF Bassman 135, two JCM 900 half-stacks, etc. The list goes on!

Anyhow, how does the last incarnation of the SF Twin that I've bought stack up to the rest of it's ilk? I ain't expecting bells and rainbows, but I am expecting loud! :bigal

Cheers
    2005 new gear count: CIJ '72 RI Tele Custom. NOS '88 Charvel Model 3B. Reverend Drivetrain II. Boss CH-2. Boss DS-1. Boss BCB-60. PRS Custom 22

Just noticed that my sig needs updating!
    2005 new gear count: CIJ '72 RI Tele Custom. NOS '88 Charvel Model 3B. Reverend Drivetrain II. Boss CH-2. Boss DS-1. Boss BCB-60. PRS Custom 22