Thread: Good Sacramento Rock Bands?

Good Sacramento Rock Bands?

My band has a booking at Ugly's in Sacramento, CA coming up on Saturday, April 17th and we also get to line up the other bands on the bill. We are looking for a decent rock band from Sacro. that might be interested in doing the gig with us.

Check out www.transcender.us to check out mp3's of my bands material for comparisons.

Re: Good Sacramento Rock Bands?

Originally posted by Gtrplyr
    My band has a booking at Ugly's in Sacramento, CA coming up on Saturday, April 17th and we also get to line up the other bands on the bill. We are looking for a decent rock band from Sacro. that might be interested in doing the gig with us.

Check out www.transcender.us to check out mp3's of my bands material for comparisons.
    Don't do it. We played there and got SCREWED ($120 for the night). There were more than 30 people that we never got paid for at $5 a head (there were no seats available most of the night). If you feel you have to play there, make them sign a contract that includes a minimum payment or put one of your own people on each door. We would never consider playing there again.
    Last edited by CA Bobcat; 02-19-2004 at 01:19 PM.
    If you can't laugh at yourself, who can?

Ugly is Ugly?

Yikes! Thanks so much for the heads up! Good info to have beforehand and I'll pass the info on to the others.

Currently we just need to play gigs and get our name out there. Making money in these Rock & Roll dives is laughable at best anyway but getting ripped off by a club isn't cool at all.

Ever hear of a Sacro band called "Sonic Love Affair"?

The name sounds familiar but I've never heard them.

Other bands that won't play there: Powerhouse, The Huckleberry's and Essex (all popular locals). I you want more info email you phone # and I'll call.

By the way M-n-M is hosting another jam at The Club Car in Auburn this Saturday starting a 1:00PM. We'll be playing the host band part.
    If you can't laugh at yourself, who can?