Thread: New 2004 Duncan P-90 Squier Tele

New 2004 Duncan P-90 Squier Tele

Who has one of these??

I got mine 2 days ago. Best affordable electric I've owned. My real Tele has been cased for 2 days for the first time in years.

Any thoughts or other buyers on this one?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/519584/
    Last edited by studio1087; 02-13-2004 at 07:00 AM.
    Carry On!

John

Forum Member
    What do those P90s sound like? Please submit a full and detailed report.

I would suggest that you find one of the new Gibson Melody Maker reissues available in TV Yellow, faded black or faded red. In the states they cost $399.00 with gig bag. The Gibsons are very simple guitars with 1 - P-90. Give the Gibson a test on an amp similar to your own.

Set clean, the Tele sounds like the Melody Maker, a fat, clanky, smokey clean. Great blues tones. Think Rolling Stones or a classic fat clear Tele. With both Duncans on, the Tele sounds fantastic.

The Duncans have far more gain than P-90's when set dirty. The sustain, and harmonics amazed me. I can chicken-pick and squeel notes with my right hand easier than I can with my Les Paul with 1-490 and 1-480 pick-up. It's really an expressive little guitar.

I was very happy playing the Tele clean but when I kicked the Dirty/boost channel on on my Marshall Combo the Tele just amazed me. If you play blues or classic rock tones this guitar is a winner.

It has a thick neck, If you like a baseball bat neck you'll be in heaven. The back of the neck is almost satin fish-bare. The fret side is very glossy like a regular tele.

The blond is hard to see through but you can see throug it. There is wood grain hiding in the blond. It's almost a heavy butterscotch blond, not a classic blond.

Have fun,
    John
    Last edited by studio1087; 02-13-2004 at 08:36 AM.
    Carry On!

John

Sounds like a winner! I love my Duncan Custom P90's in my LP copy...I'd love a Tele with P90's...I got twice that amount in my parts-Tele I'm building...damn! Have fun with yours.
    Hopeless modaholic...

Forum Member
    Duncan makes different versions of the P-90 ? Which does the tele come with...SP-901, SP-902 SP-903 or the P-90 stack? The 2 and 3 are wound hotter than the 1, the other is hum cancelling.
    shoganai ne

Forum Member
    never mind,,, just read it has Duncan Designed p-90s... MIK`s.
    shoganai ne