Thread: my Pet Peeves (long)

my Pet Peeves (long)

Okay I had to venture here
    I live in Portland which is a nice/strange town, but some things here really piss me off

People who talk on cell phones on buses, restaurants cafes or any where in public that other people have to listen to these selfish pri**s. I go outside if my phone rings.

Blocking sidwalks so others can't pass as you jabber away with your friends. especially Moms with baby strollers and the elderly need to get by MAKE ROOM MORON

Screaming late at night after you've had a few too many drinks
    (Amatuers,) I don't want to be rude and throttle you after you wake me up. I get up at 4:30 AM for work
    I don't do that in your neighborhood, don't do it in mine, oh yeah use the facilities BEFORE you leave the bar. Let me know where you live so I can pee on your front steps

After you spend 10 minutes trying to park in front of my house and block MY DRIVEWAY, don't get pissed when I tell you its a $200 tow, plus ticket , I can't tell ya how many times people knock on my door at 1 am and say Dude where's my car? (it was towed 3 hours ago) New fangled car alrams and security systems take 10 seconds to disarm by a towing company, its amazing what those guys can do.

Littering, Teach your kids (and adults) about bieng responsible for thier garbage, I don't litter at your house. and I dont want to clean up your sh*t

Contrary to what you may think, You do not look cool or better with green/ purple hair.You will not be 20 forever.

Yes Kiddies Punk died years ago, take the chains the leather "ramones" jacket and the mohawk back (see the get a job section )

If you are going to have a party, after 12 or 1 AM take it inside or I'll have to shoot you or the DJ. That always ruins a good party

If you are young and able, try, try try to get a job, I don't have spare change or cigarettes so you can sit on the sidewalk, (where all the dogs pee) hang out and smoke cigarettes all day. Don't curse me or try to make me feel guilty by saying "Have a nice day, God loves you"

Driving your car down my street at 50 MPH and blowing thru a stop sign. Stop signs are there for one reason SLOW DOWN STOP! People have been killed and maimed (I have almost been hit numerous times crossing the street) If one of you idiots hits me and I am able to get up, you had better run for your life.

If you are going to ride mass transit, take a bath more than once in awhile, don't overdue the go**am perfume either

Don't spit in public, It's rude, unsanitary and Its disgusting

Dont throw your cig butts on the ground, or out your automobile window, i will have to shove them in your mouth

Don't clean out all your Starbucks' cups and McDonald garbage and dump on the curb before you take off.I would like to drive to your haous and do the same but I work and have no time

Sandals and socks, it looks goofey and your feet get wet

The fifteen tattoos you have on your arms, neck and forehead along with multiple piercings, the shaved head. Hey, If you want to look like an idiot I don't have too much trouble with that, but getting employed beyond short order cook for 6 bucks an hour may be tough in the REAL world. and Ladies you cannot work at Starbucks forvever, or waitress at the fancy cafe, They want young, ATTRACTIVE people for that

Mullets and dirty baseball caps, tee shirt dirty jeans. Now theres a look, Achy Breaky Mistakey

And finally If you have a dog CLEAN UP the POOP after it's done doing it's business on the sidwalk, or I'll have to put it on your car our your front steps as a courtesy to others

There I feel better now:drl
    Last edited by JM3; 02-11-2004 at 04:19 PM.

Those cell phones with the damn walkie talkies built into them are even worse. Now I get to hear BOTH sides of the freakin' conversation!!!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

All of the things that you mentioned are even worse here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Add to that - red light runners, especially those asswipes that continue to turn left in front of me long after the light has changed. It's like an unwritten rule that if you're in motion before the light changes, you have the right to go through on red. We all have somewhere we need go. That's why we are in our cars, idiots. Your time isn't any more valuable than mine. Don't endanger my life, as well as your own, to shave a minute off your drive time.

The other thing that totally pisses me off is elevator behavior. I could write an entire essay on dumbass people and elevators.
    Knowledge is the small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify. -- Ambrose Bierce

New law here in Portland, If a pedestrian steps off the curb YOU must STOP and let them pass, 2 people were killed at Christmas as they tried to walk across the street

Everything you list is considered just a quality of life issue.

Relax.

You'll live longer.

At least it will seem that way.
    Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Forum Member
    If we weren't so civilized, survival of the fittest would have killed off these bozos long ago.

Even though I live in the city It's in the oldest part and looks much like an old suburb, but cause there aint nothing between where I live and Seattle, people come from every nook, crevice and rock to be where I live, cause there is nowhere else to go. It does have it;s advantages as far as accessability to events and resources, but my kvetching is purely things that I see as problems that deal with an ignorance unmatched.

updated for more accuracy

:)

Must be in Ladd's Addition.

(i miss Oregon....I miss it really, really, really, bad...) *sniff*

Ladd's Addition? No I live in trendy NW near 23rd, tries hard to be like Bleeker Street in NYC but does not have the character, just the characters

Forum Member

JM3

That walking out in the street law is in place in Washington.
    I'll just send you to Washington....Okay?

Yea,I have been guilty of the cell phone thingy.
    Well, I try not to make it a habit anyway.

For some reason I've gotten caught in the line at Wal-Mart a few times lately, and had to catch the call.

I suck!!!

I'm not complaining about the once in awhile cell call you get because your wife wants you ti pick up milk for the kids, I'm talking about 1 hour complete a hole coversations with business clients and boyfriend/girlfriends, in public at the expense of quiet enjoyment After they are done, they dial another number and keep going. That rude inconsiderate and selfish behaviour is what I am talking about
    Last edited by JM3; 02-16-2004 at 01:53 PM.

Forum Member

JM3

Okay,that means I don't suck then(hehe):)

AND I MISS THE NY CITY LIFE

O MISS THE STENCH OF CENTRAL TRAIN STATION
    THE FAST MOVIN PEOPLE JUMPIN IN FRONT OF ME
    THE KIND PEOPLE THA SELL NEWSDAYS OR NY POST NEWSPAPERS IN THE MORNIN TRAIN RUSH HRS TO WORK
    I MISS THE LONG TRAFFIC JAMS IT GAVE ME TIME TO THINK
    I LIKE NOT HAVIN A REAL DRIVEWAY TO BLOCK
    WHERE I LIVED AT ONE POINT IN THIS CRUMMY APPT ON CENTRAL IT WAS GREAT I GOT TO KNO ALL THE HOMELESS FOLK MADE LOTS OF GREAT FRIENDS WHO I CHERISH STILL THE MEMORIES OF TAKIN THEM OUT TO DINNERS TO GET A MEAL ITS GREAT LIFE IS GREAT
    I MISS EVERYTHING WITHIN WALKIN DISTANCE
    SO WHA CELL PHONES NO BIGGIE I LIKE THE FACT PEOPLE CAN TALK TO EACH OTHER
    BUT I MISS MY FRIENDS IN NY
    I REALLY DO
    I LOVED WORKIN WITH HOMELESS FOLK GET THEIR FEET ON THE GROUND LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR FRICTION
    I LOVE SEEIN THE TWINKLE IN A PERSONS EYES OF KINDNESS
    AND A HUNGRY PERSON FED
    CRIME IN NYC IS NOTHIN COMPARED TO THE SHIT EVERYDAY ABDUCTIONS IN FLORIDA OR CALIFORNIA
    ID RATHER SEE A CAR ROBBED THAN A KID ROBBED FROM HOME
    LIKE IN FLA FUKIN LOWLIFES LIKE ABDUCTIN KIDS IN NYC AS MUCH AS PEOPLE KNOCK THE BIG APPLE THERE IS ALOT OF EYE WITNESSES...TO A CRIME NOT HIDDEN SHIT LIKE LA OR FLA
    IN NY ROBBERIES BIG FKIN DEAL NO KIDNAPPIN MOSTLY VERY RARELY MAYBE A BROKEN WINDSHIELD OR A STOLEN CAR ITS ONLY MATERIAL LIFE IS NOT REPLACEABLE
    LOTS OF GOOD COPS THERE
    LOTS OF GREAT COPS
    IM A PEOPLE PERSON THE CELL PHONE IS A WONDERFUL TOOL FOR EVERYONE IF ONLY KIDS HAD THEM MAYBE GRACE OF GOD THESE HANEOUS ABDUCTIONS WOULD NOT BE HAPPENIN

THERE IS SO MUCH WORSE THINGS IN THE WORLD TO BITCH ABOUT
    LIKE WHEN A OLD PERSON CUTS YOU OFF AT WALMART IN LINE PASSES GAS FROM THEIR 100 YR OLD ASS THEN WALLOWS THRU THEIR STAMPS COUPONS FOR A HR
    FORGET PEOPLE AND CELL PHONES
    THAS NOTHIN
    LIKE WHEN IF I COULD AFFORD TO MOVE BACK TO NYC I WOULD IN A HEARTBEAT TRUST ME
    I NEVER WAS BORED IT WAS FUN AT NIGHT LOTS OF BARS TO PLAY GOOD MONEY TO MAKE AND GREAT RECORDING STUDIOS ETC
    I CANT BITCH ABOUT STREETS PARKIN SDPACES NAAA
    TOO MANTY OTHER BAD SHIT REAL BAD SHIT
    LETS FIND THESE KIDNAPPED YOUNG CHILDREN
    LETS PULL TOGETHER AND TAKE CARE OF OUR SHITTY MEDICAL SYSTEM IT NEEDS YOURT VOTE
    FORGET THE LIL STRESS
    LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE
    LIFE IS WONDERFUL SO A CAR GETS TOWED NO BIGGIE I DONT BLAME YOU
    I DONT BLAME YOU FOR YOUR CELL PHONE ISSUE SOMETIMES IT IS RUDE
    LIKE IN RESTAURANTS OR CHURCH THAS IMPOLITE
    BUT ASIDE FROM THA CELL PHONES ARE GREAT

LETS CRACK DOWN ON THESE ABDUCTORS AND SAVE THESE ALIVE ABDUCTEE'S B4 THE INEVITABLE THAS HUMANE IN MY BOOKS

I LOVE PEOPLE I ALWAYS WILL I FEEL SYMPATHY
    NY AINT THE BWEST BUT IT IS TIGHT ONCE YOU FIT THE CLICK

I GREW INTO MY NEW AREA IN THE BOONIES OF MY SPACE IN FLA IM HAPPY
    I LOVE BOTH PLACES I GO TO NY EVERY YR 2-3 WEEKS NONSTOP

FLA IS GREAT THESE LOWLIFE ABDUCTOR KIDNAPPERS MAKE ME ILL
    GICVE ALL CHILDREN A CELL PHONE TO CALL HOME
    SAVE A LIFE NOT WASTE ONE
    ALL THEY HAVE TO DO GODFORBID SOMETHIN HAPPENS TO THEM IS PRESS 9

LIFE IS GREAT IT COULD BE SAFER WITH FREE CELL PHONES TO ALL CHILDREN OR A PAGER SATELLITE LOCATOR SYSTEM THEY CARRY ALL THE TIME HIDDEN
    THAS HUMANE
    I THINK THIS WORLD IS TOO CRAZY
    WHEN THE GOOD LORD STES IN ALL THEM BAD FOLKS GOT TO ANSWER TO THE MAKER THE ALPHA THE OMEGA
    AMEN

GODBLESS
    SINCERELY
    LETS LOOK OUT FOR OUR LITTLE ONES IN HARMONY AND SAFETY
    BLUELOU

SORRY I RAMBLED ON
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR STRESS
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

Lou, you are priceless(lol)

I never complained about NYC, I'm from NYC and love the Big Apple, it has it's own problems, ( don't mind the maggots) I am talking about Portland OR where they don't have a clue, Most people here are nice, some are the best I have vere met,Maybe its a west coast vs east coast thing, I am not sure, but basically I am talking about bieng rude and selfish and downright stupid.