Thread: Anyone remember Steve Via's "Little Annie Fanny" guitar?

Forum Member

Anyone remember Steve Via's "Little Annie Fanny" guitar?

Steve Vai had the coolest guitar back in the DLR days. He had the cartoon "Little Annie Fanny" from playboy laminated on his guitar.

I have a beater Squier I wanted to try this with. What kind of clearcoat could I use to seal pictures?

Has anyone tried this? Pictures?

Forum Member
    I remember that it was right when most of his guitars had been stolen. He needed guitars fast, and had some slapped together right away. One was the one you're talking about. They made another with pics of real women in PB. There was a pretty stupid looking one with a white body with blue and red dots sprayed on, that they sprayed a little too much (on purpose I guesss) then let the paint run in different directions.

If you already have different kinds of glues and clear finish, you could always experiment with taking pics from different mags, gluing the pics to wood, then applyin a clear-coat over them.

Probably someone else with more finishing experience than me, can give you more detailed advice.

Howabout a clear pickguard made with 2 thin sandwiched pieces with a big pic of Janet jacksons breast in the middle ?