Thread: speaker to complement Vinatge 30s?

Forum Member ferdi from Germany's Avatar

speaker to complement Vinatge 30s?

Hi, I am using a modded Twin (30W Class A out of two 6L6s) with two V30s in it and am looking for sth to put in my ext cab. I am after a big StevieRayish clean tone and am quite satisfied with the speakers, but want sth that can complement the V30s boosted mids and uncompromising power with a more traditional "fendery" note without being drownded by the V30s. I already thought of the RI C12N but they only have 98,4dB which should make them´noticable quieter than the V30s. Maybe it's the best idea to mix the different speakers, one of each kiond in combo and ext cab?

Please not that Webers cost an arm and a leg in Germany and are out of question... thank you :o)

ferdi

Forum Member
    Standin' at the crossroads, shoutin' at the devil.
    Celestion Alnico Blues. :)
    The man with magic hands.

Hi there, well, these cost an arm and TWO legs...599 Euros each :o(

ferdi

sorry...599 Deutschmarks. Its 299 Euros.

Forum Member
    I can strongly recommend you try Reverend Alltone 1250s. I use them for exactly this same purpose.

i would look into getting a weber, i have four of their speakers. i have two of their california models in my twin, and they sound killer, they are the ceramic versions. i use their blue dog in conjunction with a vintage 30 with my bassman, which has been the best combo for that amp. it totally smokes. i would check out their site cause they make a lot of good speakers. i have been really happy with all of mine so far.

www.webervst.com