Thread: yo! marcondo

stxrus

yo! marcondo

just as a point of reference.......

was there ever a nashville tele with an ash body?? beginning to like the 3 pup option, but i still like the "twang" of ash over alder for a tele.

just curious. imagine a nashville, in ash with a maple neck AND a bigsby :bigal :bigal :bigal

expiring minds want to know

steve

If the Nashville was available in the American Deluxe series then it could have been ash with a $150 upcharge.

I dont think it was ever offered in that series so they are probably poplar or alder.

Just route out the middle of an ash body one thats a 2 pickup model. Make your own Nashville.

Get this one and add a middle pickup!:nelson
    Last edited by Marcondo; 01-28-2004 at 05:08 PM.

stxrus
    damn, just as i was afraid of

your opinions of an alder (can't see a poplar one) tele please. also, opinions on the nashville version. a bigsby would be an great addition but not a necessity

steve

I've never played a Nashville or a 3 pickup Tele so really dont have an opinion.

I usually like 3 pickups on a Strat and 2 on a Tele.

i'm gonna go with Marcondo on this one. played one this past weekend and to me seemed like one of those products that tries to do too much and ends up being good at none of them. sounded either like a bad tele or an equally bad strat; depending on where the switch was at. then again, that's just my 2 pennies & i am new here so???