Thread: Super Glue Users- Let's Stick Together!

Super Glue Users- Let's Stick Together!

Just out of curiosity, how many of you use Super Glue to repair gashes in your fingers to keep you playing?

Last week I sliced open my middle finger on my left hand while doing dishes (that's what you get for getting all 'domesticated'). The injury is on the front ring finger side of the tip of the finger- in other words, right where the finger comes in contact with the strings. I've had a bottle of super glue that I've used in the past for things here and there, and being in Wisconsin the winter weather isn't really good for your skin and I get cracks along the edge of the tips of my fingers. In the past I've used New Skin until I figured out that Super Glue does just as well- if not better.

I picked up some super glue gel today, and the stuff dries white- so now my finger looks like it's been dipped in Liquid Paper (great rock and roll connection to Liquid Paper- anyone know that story?).
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you
    still can’t help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Forum Member
    I've done it. It stings, but it gets the job done. I get winter cracking in my hands, and it's either superglue, or blood on the fretboard. It also works well when you're breaking in some serious callouses in your fingerpads, when they get "raw" from alot of playing, I coat them, and it'll get me thru the gig.

Nu-skin, to a point, works very well too.

Re: Super Glue Users- Let's Stick Together!

Originally posted by davey
    great rock and roll connection to Liquid Paper- anyone know that story?
    Monkee Mike "Wool Hat" Nesmith's mom invented it. He was a rich kid. No too R&R, though... I think it's more important that he invented MTV.
    Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Forum Member
    Yep... super glue was invented to "patch up" soldiers in the field so they would not bleed to death before getting proper medical attention, I think it was first used in Vietnam.

Here's the real story about glue and wounds.

From chest wounds to mid wives
    Ayatollah of Dumbassollah

facebook: Stephen Doc Watson