Thread: Need stock SD-1 pcb pics! (japan)

Need stock SD-1 pcb pics! (japan)

I'm in the process of buying an old yellow Boss SD-1 overdrive pedal. (Made in Japan) ..

This dude tells me one solder joint was REattached, since it somehow got loose.

What i need is 1 or 2 pics of a stock SD-1 circuitboard, to compare it with. I don't want one with silly unknown mods or anything. Please do me a BIG favour, and send me some pix of your stock pedal to this e-mailadres:

Boelen.06@im.hva.nl

Thanx a LOT!

Re: Need stock SD-1 pcb pics! (japan)

Thank you!...

Re: Need stock SD-1 pcb pics! (japan)

Well...it's not August 2003 anymore...and i managed to buy me an old Japanese Boss SD-1 Super overdrive! (Not the one with the reattached wire mentioned above)

..This one is stock: untouched solderjoints! :-)
    The op amp chip says 4558DD JRC, and has batchnumber 3552.
    This makes it a '83 pedal, since the first digit of the batchnumber tells the year of manufacture! (Learned that on the internet) Pretty early, since the SD-1 came on the market in februari 1981!
    My "new"Pedal's serialnumber: 388800!

The only thing i could do is a keeley mod, (which i have never heard) but i don't think i might: it sounds great already! The chips in the paint gives it a nice vintage feel! :-)

Anyway: A big thanks for everybody that took time to reply: you know who you are!..i appreciate it!

(P.S.: I use it with a 1959SLP reissue / 1960TV + Stratocaster!)