Thread: Tonight I'm blowing the roof off!

Tonight I'm blowing the roof off!

Ever feel so ramped up for a gig that you know that you are gonna really rip? I have, but sometimes it doesn't happen though.

My deal is stage fright. After so many gigs, I still feel most comfortable on a big stage where I am detached or above the crowd. I've come to realize that I would be more comforable having sex in front of people than I am playing my guitar in front of people. I tense up like crazy and it messes me up, my hand cramps, I get sloppy and I can't focus......

I am trying a new technique today. I am going to watch live performances of my favorite musicians/bands.... it worked for me last night. Today am I going to watch performaces by:

The Allmans, Cream, SRV, The Dead, Jimi, CCR, Jeff Beck, T -Monk, Miles, Rory Gallagher, Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Herb Ellis, Coltrane, Santana, John McLaughlin and John Scofield. I wish I had some Gov't Mule.......
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

Are you playing tonight (Saturday)?
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

[B]IT WORKED!!!!![/B}

Wow...... I can't believe what a wild show we had! I had so much fun, I was loose, relaxed and totally in control of my fears. I even danced!

I love this stuff!

tbb,

the trick i use is to take on an alternate ego. in person i am a laid back "cool" kinda guy. but on stage, i make up a "rock and roll" character. put on a flashy shirt you wouldn't normally wear, and imagine you're playing to 5,000 people.

chuck
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

I would take chuckocasters advice! From day one, I have admired the way he posts with that avatar in tow and has the complete self-confidence to do so without remorse or regret!

tbb, it's always great to hear about another one's fortune. It must have been a totally liberating experience. Good for you man.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

bob you're breaking my balls here man. hehehehe.

tbb, glad to hear you've been having a good time playing. myself, well the show coming up this saturday is already starting to turn into a nightmare. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

double post.
    Last edited by chuckocaster; 01-11-2004 at 03:53 PM.

Here is some photographic evidence:

Pictures of hotties dancing here..........

chuckocaster, seriously man, I love that avatar! It cracks me up every time I see it. That's the point isn't it?
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

right bob, life is too short not to have fun. and i have a lot of fun here with all of you guys. i love this place!

and frank, HOTTY ALERT! i need to play in your band, you guys had more hotties at that show than we had at our last show, and we played a college house party. looks like a really good time.

Originally posted by Tele-Bob
    chuckocaster, seriously man, I love that avatar! It cracks me up every time I see it. That's the point isn't it?
    Me too! You can tell a lot about Chuck just from that Avatar.

It is so much easier to play in front of alot of strangers than a group of friends or even worse, (gulp) other musicians. The other guy personality thing is a great idea. When I feel like I am in a slump, I go back and listen to the players that got me motivated in the first place.