Thread: Cluster Booking Nightmare

Cluster Booking Nightmare

I discovered last night that the booker for a club my band is playing this evening has booked another 3 bands in addition to the 2 bands our band had secured for the evening!

The arrangement was that my band would play and put the evenings entertainment together. We got 2 other bands who all have been advertising the event for about a month now.

The booker must not keep a very organized calendar and didn't realize until the last minute the double booking problem. So tonight should be interesting when 6 bands all show up with gear. Glad I'm not in charge of this. There will probably be a lot of unhappy musicians tonight.

This should be interesting. I'm surprised doc540 has done a drive-by "dumbass" on this thread yet.

So many dumbasses, so little time.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Well it turned pretty good after all. Only one other band of the extra 3 that were booked showed up. Perhaps they were successfully cancelled or rescheduled, I didn't ask.

When I got to the club the first extra band was already set up and they ended up starting at about 8:30PM which only threw the rest of the schedule off by about a half hour.

The night went smoothly and we made a whopping $30 for the whole band! Maybe if we invest that money we can get a high yeild return someday LOL!

Don't feel bad, we had one a couple of months ago where we were paid by a "$5 cover" . A small venue but there about 50 there all evening. They claimed the take was $105.00 (door man was the owner's brother). They "felt bad" so they paid us $125. We later verified that 24 of our people actually paid.
    That's ok, we passed the word to every band we know. All they can get now is punk garage bands.
    If you can't laugh at yourself, who can?