Thread: any other captain coconut heads in here?

Forum Member

any other captain coconut heads in here?

if so,ya'll already know the deal. if not, it's basically hendrix-in-a box,and i can't imagine it could be done better. dave fox makes the best univibe i ever heard,plus his fuzzface comes with interchangeable cards to duplicate just about any fuzz ever made.he'd be a kool dude to have here.
    dave,are you out there?
    peace,
    ron

I have one of the early coconuts. Like the pedal a lot. Bought it mostly for the fuzz (before Dave was making the stand alone fuzz units). The vibe section is great also (I got tired of lugging the vibratone everywhere I went). Great pedal overall.

Forum Member
    I'd love to have the $ to get that pedal. Unfortunately, I don't and what's more, I'd need a nice Marshall halfstack for this pedal to sound its best and I own a Marshall amp.

People who've tried a Fuzz Face through a Fender amp know how disgusting it sounds.

Strat

Forum Member
    I have had my CC2 for a while now. I really like the provibe and fuzzfoot but I just can't do anything with that octave. I have followed all the tips but still can not get a good sound. Any advice? I am running a Strat or Tele into CC2 (default settings) into TS9DX into TS9 into Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.
    This effect gave me instant Hendrix/Gilmour.

waylon,

The trick to the octave in the CC or CC2 is to play single notes (it's an effect best used for solo passages) use the neck pickup and play the notes above the 9th fret. It helps to also roll the tone and volume down a little bit on your guitar also. Keep the drive knob on the CC pretty low (~10%) and bring the level up to 80%. To thicken the effect also, I use a fulldrive set at a very low drive setting after the CC. You could get roughly the same effect if you use your ts9 set to: drive 20%, tone 30-50% and volume 70% Remember to put the ts9 after the CC in your effects chain.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Forum Member
    I dig it. Love that Octavia.

Forum Member
    lkrepp,
    I have tried those settings and I think it is just me. I'm probably not an octave type person. But I do love just to hit as I bend two notes together -it sounds like ringing madness.