Thread: Fretting out

Fretting out

Hi everyone! this is my first post. I have a 88 Am Std Strat that frets out on the high E string at the 14th fret when I bend a full step, it is fine at the 15th and there is only a slight buzz when I bend at the 13th. Would this be a high fret that needs to be leveled or should they all be dressed? Thanks for any info. Oh ,and if anyone knows a good tech in the N.E. Ohio area I would be very gratefull.

TFF Stage Crew
    I would probably have the frets dressed but not until after I raised the action a little first. I'm cheap that way.

I would love to have Dan work on it, but he's a long way from me. When I inherit my Fathers 1960 strat I will defenitly be getting it restored and then I will seek out his expertise. I hope I can find a good tech around Cleveland I have a 71 Les Paul Custom that needs a nut replaced too. The last tech I went to butcherd the rosewood around the nut on my Strat when he replaced it and I still had to file it to keep the G string from sticking, and he charged me more than he said he would! Thanks for your suggestions about the fret leveling I guess I will keep on the lookout for a reputable repair guy closer to home.