Thread: talk to me about the Deluxe Super Strat!!

talk to me about the Deluxe Super Strat!!

Looks like a good way to get into an ash body cheap, less than $550.

I would think on the honey blonde ones you'd get a nice body seeing they can't hide crap with the clear finish. I don't hear much about these....anyone????
    Last edited by Guildx700~; 08-05-2002 at 11:57 AM.

to be honest i never played one but once at the "...dp forum " there was this member that posted some songs of his band, where he used the super strat and i liked them so much that i added the site to my favourites.

CHECK the group with the stormy monday song and the LIVE stuff like little wing, apparently he used it trough a marshall if im not mistaken (he did use it alright).

So that song should give you a hint on how it sounds.

take care
    T

http://www.bluestuff.de/english/audio.html

thanks!

I'm playing a Deluxe Powerhouse Strat right now... Went in with the idea of buying an American Series but played a few and fell in love with this one - it had nicest neck of all of them and extremely resonant and bouncy tone... I hesitated and bought the best AS because the Powerhouse is "Made in Mexico" and therefore can't be any good :tw59 but I couldn't get the Powerhouse out of my brain, so five days later I returned the AS and brought it home...

My only reservation on it was concerning the bridge saddles - the little height adjustment bolts were crap; in fact, half of them were stripped. I replaced the saddles with Graphtec ones and have been happy since... ahreebah! :nelson
    He's hot! He's hip! and he's hairy!

Hi there!

I'm the guy from the "other" Fender message board... I found this thread as referrer while browsing through my website's logfiles :).

First, Clapton Fan, thanks for the kind words. It's really flattering to hear that you like my band's stuff so much you even point others to it :). Thanks.

The samples on my band's site are exclusively "Fender samples"; I'm a "no marshall" guy, and I played them all through a cranked Fender Blues Deluxe, most of the live stuff and everything on our current CD with my Deluxe Super Strat. I really love that guitar, it has a nice, warm tone with a nice bite, and the pups sound great to me, too (I never even considered swapping them out). They are especially made for the Super Strat and range somewhere between standard SC's and Texas specials: Hotter thant standards, but less "honky" with some nice crispy highs and a good bottom end. Although the guitar is MIM I'd say it compares very well to any MIA strat. The neck for sure feels nice, and the body is very nice and resonant too (and looks sooooo great in honey blone :)). I wouldn't be surprised if the parts were actually MIA and just screwed together across the border.

Long story short: a great guitar, and for sure a great value for the money; plus it doesn't really need modding at all, cause it's basically already a hot-rodded vintage strat.

im sorry for the whole marshall pointing out then, i was wrong

You still rule tough i love to hear the tunes .

Take care
    T

Forum Member
    Yes, Homer was the guy who turned me onto Deluxe Supers as well. Great sounds and a nice guy to boot!

I have a Honey Blond with a rosewood board. Fantastic neck on that guitar, the fretboard edges are almost rolled, very smooth. I agree with Homer, the stock pups are very nice. Different than other hot Fender pups. I put a Duncan Cool Rail bridge pup in mine, but I'm seriously thinking of pulling it out and putting the stock Super Fat pup back in.

IMO, the best deal in Fender's line-up.
    Last edited by Mpls Slim; 08-07-2002 at 06:30 PM.