Thread: USA CG QUESTION

USA CG QUESTION

OK I NOTICED ON THEIR HEADSTOCKS THERE IS A LIL HOOK OF WOOD YOU'D HAVE TO REMOVE AND SOME ON THE BOTTOM BOUTS OF HEADSTOCK TO MATCH A FENDER IS THIS SOMETHIN THA USACG DOES NORMALLY OR DO YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THE HEADSTOCK SHAPING BY HAND ?
    I KNO ITS A LAWSUIT ISSUE OBVIOUSLY FOR THEM BECAUSE THE HEADSTOCKS WERE DRILLLED CORRECTLY AND ALL NECKS LOOK KILLER BUT I WAS TRYIN TO FIGURE OUT THE DEAL WITH THE EXTRA WOOD !!!
    THAS ALL

ITS OBVOIOUS TO ME THERE IS A LICENCING PROBLEM MAYBE I DONT KNO TONS ABOUT USACG BUT I SEEN FINISHED GUITARS AND KILLER QUALITY STUFF

IS THE BODIES DIFFERENT CONTOURED THAN PER SAY A TYPICAL 62 STRAT OR SO BECAUSE I SEEN A DIFFERENCE ON THE HEADSTOCK DESIGHN

JUST CURIOUS

BLUELOU
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

TFF Stage Crew
    The headstock does indeed have a little "hook" on it, but the difference in the shape is all from extra wood. You need to do a little trimming of the ball & add some shaping to the "point".
    The bodies are as close to vintage specs as I have seen, & I've been through almost every aftermarket company there is except for B. Hefner. Whenever that company's name was mentioned the negative response is almost universal.

Old Tele man

re: headstock "hook"

that headstock "hook" is there for LEGAL reasons, so Fender can NOT claim the neck is a "direct" copy, and thus an infringement, of their "patented" Trademark™ headstock.

TFF Stage Crew
    Originally posted by 71818
    The bodies are as close to vintage specs as I have seen, & I've been through almost every aftermarket company there is except for B. Hefner. Whenever that company's name was mentioned the negative response is almost universal.
    Same here, and I have some firsthand experience with B. Hefner as well. Suffice it to say there are much better choices out there. USACG is the best overall in my opinion.

Re: re: headstock "hook"

Originally posted by Old Tele man
    that headstock "hook" is there for LEGAL reasons, so Fender can NOT claim the neck is a "direct" copy, and thus an infringement, of their "patented" Trademark™ headstock.
    THANX THAS WHA I THOUGHT AND POSTED IN MY FIRST POST

BLUELOU
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

Originally posted by 71818
    The headstock does indeed have a little "hook" on it, but the difference in the shape is all from extra wood. You need to do a little trimming of the ball & add some shaping to the "point".

SO IF I ORDERED A 62 ALDER REPLACEMENT BODY ALL VINTAGE FINISHED IN THE OLD YELLOWISH WHITE IT WOULD BE VERY CLOSE TO MY REAL 62 BABY ?IN SIZE AND CONTOURS ?

THANX 71818

SINCERELY BLUELOU

I REALLY APPRECIATE IT BRO I KNO YOU TRIED OUT ALL OF THEM SO I FIGURED ID ASK YOU BRO
    THANX
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

TFF Stage Crew
    It should be right on. All you might have to do is extend the fore arm contour to beyond the strap button, but even the originals were pretty diverse. I just finish sanded mine & shot it.
    Fiesta red.... mmmmmm

ROB THANX I KNEW YOU WOULDNT MIND SHEDDIN YOUR EXPERTISE WITH THIS TOPIC I NEED THE ADVICE BR

I DIDNT KNO IF THERE WAS ENOUGH WOOD TO MAKE A 70'S SIZE HEADSTOCK !!

IM CURIOUS

LEMME KNO

THANK YOU
    BLUELOU
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

TFF Stage Crew
    I'm pretty sure there's a model they offer w/the larger, '70s style headstock.