Thread: New Speaker in Hot Rod Deluxe

Forum Member

New Speaker in Hot Rod Deluxe

I was wondering if anyone here had put a new speaker in their Hot Rod Deluxe. How much trouble was it and what kind of speaker did you put in? Is it a lot of improvement over the old sound?

Forum Member
    Well I put a Reverend Alltone 12" speaker in last night. It really wasn't that much trouble. Just remove the six screws for the chassis and then the four for the speaker. Hook the other one up and put everything back in. I noticed that everything seems to just sound smoother. No real ice-pick-in-the-ear. Also my controls seem to work more. Not just on my guitar but on my amp also. Everytime I change something I can hear how it alters the sound. It used to be very drastic changes would result in the slightest of sound alterations. But now just a little turn of the presence and I can really tell what presence is now. This speaker sounds good in this amp. The clean channel is all I use and it is really more alive sounding now. I also ordered some tubes for it-Svetlana 6L6. Maybe these will improve it some also.