Thread: amer vintage series strats

Forum Member

amer vintage series strats

i notice a lot of people playing 57/62 reissues...are these guitars better than the amer std series guitars....if so, what makes them better? thanks in advance, cycler

better is relative.

which is really better? a ferrari or a lamborgini?

like, which of your kids do you love more? :hee

you should just go play a few.
    Imanidiot.

Forum Member
    Frank, thanks for the reply...it made me realize i posted in haste...bad mistake...i meant better only as related to better wood, hardware, pickups, tuners, that sort of thing...fwiw, i agree with your statement about better being relevant, and just play a few to see what i like, but, the higher cost of the vintage series made me wonder about the quality of the materials used....

Originally posted by cycler
    Frank, thanks for the reply...it made me realize i posted in haste...bad mistake...i meant better only as related to better wood, hardware, pickups, tuners, that sort of thing...fwiw, i agree with your statement about better being relevant, and just play a few to see what i like, but, the higher cost of the vintage series made me wonder about the quality of the materials used....
    oh....well, i think all-that would have-to be better if it's American made materials....and i know that sounds pretty ANTI-REST-OF-THE-WORLD, but it just seems as if they all brag (outside US) about using Americn components when they do use them.

and it also seems to me that Fender puts aside the creme-de-la-creme parts/bodies/necks so as to use them on custom shop and higher $$ models. I bought a 52 Tele RI body (came in the velvet drawstring bag w/ Fender embroidered on it), and it is an impeccable piece of wood/crafsmaship. The body is 2-piece bookmatched, and when you look at it on-end, the grain actually appears as if you had opened a big book, and are looking at the *pages*. Quite exquisite,actually!
    Imanidiot.