Thread: Jumpering

Forum Member

Jumpering

Can someone please set the record straight on which vintage Fenders are the best candidates for jumpering channels, and which are not? I've heard all sorts of "I do this and it sounds awesome!" as well as "jumpering in that amp with sound like dog___ because the channels are out of phase..." But which are which?

I have a BF Bassman, the first BF circuit -- would jumpering be a good idea here?

Forum Member
    Standin' at the crossroads, shoutin' at the devil.
    You need two channels with two inputs per channel to jump. To jump, plug into the high input of one channel and then connect the low input of that channel to the high input of the other. If you don't jump then you really only need to use the volume of the channel that you're using. If you do jump, however, you have to use both volumes. :)
    The man with magic hands.

Forum Member

jumpering channels

hi loveexpert!
    jumpering channels yields the best results on non-reverb/2-channel fenders (and all the early marshalls of course...) as in the reverbed amps the reverb channel is "out of phase" with the other channel, causing "phase-cancelling" when the volumes are set very much alike...
    i tried it on my reverb fenders, and it sounds good, but you have to find the sweet spot(s).
    cheers - C.

Forum Member
    So would this be good on a Basssman? 2 channels (Bass and Normal) with 2 inputs each... seems like it would...

Originally posted by theloveexpert
    So would this be good on a Basssman? 2 channels (Bass and Normal) with 2 inputs each... seems like it would...
    I wouldn't have it any other way!
    Jason
    The Bear Guy

Forum Member
    Thanks.

So, is it guitar >> Bass channel input 1 >> Bass channel input 2 >> Normal channel input 1?

Or, is it guitar >> Normal channel input 1 >> Normal channel input 2 >> Bass channel input 1?