Thread: Any acoustiphiles here?

TFF Stage Crew

Any acoustiphiles here?

I just picked up David grisman's three CD set "DGQ-20".
    He SMOKES. Yes, he does.

Moi!

I gots some great Grisman...but, never enough.

Jerry Douglas. Ry Cooder. Leo Kotke. etc.

I think I should have another beer. That would make things profound!
    Last edited by Annie D.; 11-05-2003 at 11:20 PM.

I much prefer playing acoustic to electric (plus, I suck at electric...)

Here's my Three Amigos!

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

NICE ACOUSTICS BRO

MAN I FEEL LIKE POO MINE ARENT IN THA LEAGUE MORE PWR TO YA
    I GOT A OLD 81 IBANES HAND CRAFTED HAND MADE ACOUSTIC I LOVE I HAD IT ALL THESE YRS I BOUT IT NEW
    ITS A FULL SIZE BODY I LIKE ITS NECK AND UNREAL ACTION IT AINT HIGH OR TOO LOW VERY FUN TO PLAY ITS MY BEAT AROUND ALL THE TIME JAM GUITAR IT GOES WHEREVER I GO DURING THE DAY EVERYWHERE I DRIVE OR GO

ITS GOT BEAUTIFUL REAL BLUEISH PEARL INLAYS AND ITS GOT BEAUTIFUL AMBER WHITE BINDIND AND ITS FLAME MAPLE BACK WITH THE WALNUT STRIP ON IT ITS SWEET ALL I KNO IS I OWNED IT FOR EVER IT AINT NO GIBSON I WISH AT THE TIME I HAD THE MONEY TO BUY A J 200 GIBSON

OVER THE LAST 22 YRS IT TURNED FROM A NICE YELLOWISH WOOD GRAIN TO A VERY OLD DARK WORN
    YELLOWISH COLOR IN THE CLEARCOAT ITS GORGEOUS YEA ITS WELL PLAYED

IT NEVER EVER BUZZES AND ITS WORN LOOKIN IN A FEW PLACES BUT ITS MY SWEET ONE AND I NEVER LIKED IMPORTED GUITARS BUT THIS ONE IS EXCEPTIONAL AND IT WAS EXPENSIVE BACK THEN ITS A TOP OF LINE IBANES
    ITS SWEET IKEEP IT IN GOOD CONDITION CONSIDERIN IT MADE IT THRU MY COLLEGE DAYS LONG AGO

LMAO NEVER HAD 1 BIT TROUBLE WITH IT
    NEVER I SWEAR OLD IBANES ACOUSTICS WERE NICE

I GOT THIS CLASSICAL HAND MADE GUITAR THA MY POP GOT ME WHEN I WAS 5 AND ITS GOT BEAUTIFUL ACTION I HAD THA ONE FOR EVER ITS NOW ON SHELF ITS GOT REAL PEARLOID TUNER PEGS I INSTALLED AT 10 FOR MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT I GOT TUNERS ITS MADE IN ITALY ALL HAND MADE AND SAIS MY NAME ON HEADSTOCK IN PEARL MY POP REALLY IS KOOL

WELL THEN I GOT THIS SILVERTONE COUNTRY F HOLED DINOSAUR ITS HIGH ACTION IT WAS MADE IN 1956 ITS A GIBSON COPY ITS JUST A COLLECTORS TOY A CONVEERSATION PIECE GOT IT AT A PAWNSHOP NEXT TO NOTHING ITS PRETTY TO LOOK AT

THEN I GOT A 1960 KAY CLASSICAL GUITAR I LOVE IT PLAYS LIKE NEW THIS IS A GOOD RIFF GUITAR TO STRETCH THE FINGERS ON OR PLAY BAROQUE ISH PATTERNS

MY ACOUSTICS
    I KNO THESE 3 ARE SHIT BUT MY IBANEZ IS MY FAV ONE I LOVE ITS NECK ITS MADE LIKE A MILLION DOLLARS IT SOUNDS GREAT AND AFTER ALL THESE YRS I USE IT RELIGOUSLY IT STILL HAS UN REAL ACTION
    IT IS 100 % HAND MADE SAYS IT INSIDE ITS NICE I STILL GOT THE ORIGINAL DECAL INSIDE THE BODY BEAUTIFUL INSTRUMENT AND EXCELLENT CRAFTSMANSHIP
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS

TFF Stage Crew
    Originally posted by Spose
    yes yes yes
    down with the DAWG music!!

Shady Grove..my true love
    Not For Kids Only was my initiation to the Dawg. Shady Grove was next! Now I gotta get me a mandolin:wail2
    I went over to the Cafe Wah & read every thread under Mandolins. Spose, have you & Lily picked one up yet?

grisman is the man. i've got several great bootleggs of him. my favorite being in boulder in 94 or 95 with the quintet....AWESOME.
    it's just not a friday night without some good chinese beer.

Old Tele man

acoustiphiles = "sound" induced hemerrhoids?

'got a '77 Ovation "roundback" Legend, does that count?

STORY -- At our company Christmas Party back in 1996, Dave Kilgore and I were asked to "...play something during the band's intermission..." Dave owned a newer shallow-back Ovation Elite.

So, we got together and practiced six songs, 3 traditional Christmas and 3 jazz songs. Dave played lead and I played rhythm.

Upon finishing the last song, we received a decent round of applause...and a LOT of chuckles and whistles! Why? Because, someone, before the party began, had placed a hand-written sign on our two guitars as they stood in their stands that read: "The Standing Ovations!" It made for some good laughs!
    Last edited by Old Tele man; 11-15-2003 at 03:42 PM.