Thread: So, shall I go with the Warmoth, or the Fender MIA hartail body?

So, shall I go with the Warmoth, or the Fender MIA hartail body?

I'm torn. I think the Firme Chicanocaster is going to go hardtail. I've been looking for a MIA Strat body, but they don't come up too often on Fleabay. I've found one with a universal route in the Warmoth trift shop, so now I'm torn like an old sweater. The neck is also Warmoth, so maybe now the guitar can be "whole" again...
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

Gravity Jim
    Grito, isn't the Chicanocaster loaded with EMG's?

My Warmoth "hollow" mahogany body is light, resonant, sustians like kee-razee and absolutely kills loaded with EMG SVs and a Warmoth construction neck. You oughta give it a try. The Zencaster, as it was dubbed, is the most versatile guitar I ever played.

If you do go for it, don't take ANY body lighter than 3 pounds, 8 oounces. it will be neck heavy and be too empty to get a good tone. Anything between 3-8 and 4 pounds 2 is ideal.

Yup, EMG all around: 89-S-89. Been looking at the Warmoth hollow bodies, but I'm going with the hardtail to get a little more grunt out of the Chicanocaster.
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

For $529 Musicians Friend will ship you a brand new Robert Cray hardtail Strat with Custom Shop p'ups in it and a gig bag. If you were to sell the neck for $200, and put your own neck on it, you'd have what you want for $329. A finished Warmoth body with no p'ups will cost you that much. Better yet, put the Robert Cray neck and p'ups on your old body and sell it for $350 and you're into your new hard tail for only $179. Or just enjoy the two guitars. Either way, it's hard to beat!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

What's the pup route on that Robert Cray strat?
    Senator Roark - Sin City

It's a nice s/s/s route in lightweight alder.

TFF Stage Crew
    Grito-
    did you see this picture from my Seattle-Tacoma guitar show thread?

That picture is a riot!

Originally posted by 71818
    Grito-
    did you see this picture from my Seattle-Tacoma guitar show thread?
    Ahahahahaha :hee
    I'll have to post a pic of my headstock when I get around to buying a digital camera. My headstock reads "Firme Chicanocaster, Hecho en Atzlan." An angry French Canadian gave it to me...
    Senator Roark - Sin City

Originally posted by Tele-Bob
    It's a nice s/s/s route in lightweight alder.
    Dang! I'd just found a local RC strat for $450 used...
    Last edited by grito; 11-06-2003 at 07:31 AM.
    Senator Roark - Sin City

They're only $529 brand new with a gig bag, and MF even threw in a free Dunlop Anniversary wah wah pedal and free shipping.

Either way, buying the Cray Strat seems to be the best value. Let us know how you make out.