Thread: Probably OT, but What the Hail...Help, Please

Probably OT, but What the Hail...Help, Please

On what kinds of material would you use chorus effects on your bass mix?

I'm trying to find some tunes which have the bass using a chorus (since I just bought one).

How 'bout that old Doobies tune, "Keeps You Runnn'"? Seems like it had an effected bass part.

Anyone?
    Ayatollah of Dumbassollah

facebook: Stephen Doc Watson

Forum Member
    On the heavy side, Tool's Forty-six and two has got a real cool bass chorus sound.

Forum Member
    MUCH of the Cure's catalog,
    the Kitchens of Distinction
    Lush
    Swervedriver
    My band (the curtain society) www.curtainsociety.com
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (I think I hear it in Red Eyes and Tears)
    Tool, definitely on a few tracks as Justin Chancellor likes it.

I liken bass chorus applicable when you want to fill out a song that "needs air", but you don't want to sound TOO sparse...as with any modulation/delay type effect like chorus/flanger/delay, you want to really tweak the sound so it's just this side of subtle, or the whole thing could be a wash...and beware overusing chorus when another instrument is using a modulation effect, or unpleasant out of phasedness could happen. I've used it quite often, and love i...sometmes you'll notice alot of neat transients leap out as a result of chorus, but oftentimes at the sacrifice of the gutteral low-end in your tone. It's not a tone-suck per se, but it'll "feel" like it *is*

too many bassists to list who use this effect to great results. Especially in conjunction with a good overdrive or full-on fuzzbox. REALLY makes you cut through the mix...so again, use wisely.

Forum Member
    Jeremy from Pearl Jam but theres a 12stinger in there

Hey, thanks.

I'll have to hunt those down and give'em a listen. I'm using the effects library in my new Tascam bass trainer, and having a good time. However, actually using effects in a live gig and having it compliment my bass tone is unchartered waters.
    Prhino, I understand now how it might not be compatible with other effects operating at the same time. Thanks for the warning.

Thanks again everyone!
    Ayatollah of Dumbassollah

facebook: Stephen Doc Watson