Thread: My first "all slide" show this weekend!!!

My first "all slide" show this weekend!!!

I have a show this weekend with a whole new set list. Eight new songs, one of them a cover. I will play standard fingering for some rythmn and two solos, but it's gonna be 90% slide!

I'm a little nervous about it, but it can turn out to be a lot of fun.
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

Forum Member
    Knock 'em dead, Frankie, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

B.B. Where's the gig?
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

It's at the Webster Theatre in Hartford on Sunday.

That's so close! I wish we could go, but we have a bunch of stuff to do Sunday - good luck and have fun!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Have a good gig man! Go get'em!
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Well I played slide on only 2 songs, I kinda wussed out. But I can say that I got several compliments on the slide playing from people out in the audience that I never met.

The gig itself was the best one of that type we ever played though!! I'm still high from the cheering! People cheered after every song instead of the polite clapping that happens at these places. At the end of the last song they erupted into screaming and cheering!

It was a big club, The Webster in Hartford, CT, and they had 6 bands. Usually you can just get your own people to come down front and the rest of the people are milling around waiting for the band that they came to see to start. Last night after our first song almost everyone came down front and was having a blast.

We too had a lot of fun. It's not the fist time I have "felt" a crowd cheering, but last night it was powerful and they cheered for a while after we stopped playing. It seemed like 5 mins, but who knows how long it actually was, 20-30 seconds maybe. When the headlining band came out after us, they mentioned our band with a "Let's hear it for Red River Soul, bla, bla, blah..." and you could not even hear what the guy was saying because everyone started screaming again!

I'll post pics to our website soon.

Muy cool!
    Last edited by thebluesbarn; 11-03-2003 at 12:19 PM.

Wow! That is so awesome! I have never had that pleasure myself so I can only imagine how great that must've made you guys feel. Good for you! So good to hear this kind of stuff.
    If you're bored, you're not groovin'.

Thanks TB! Two days later and everyone in the band is still walking a foot above the ground. We all feel like we just discovered sex!

To top it off, we got an offer to play at UCONN from it. I'm sure it's a "If you have a PA and don't mind working for free" type of thing, but hey! I already bought tickets to see Susan Tedeschi for the very same night, at the Jorgensen Center at UCONN. So we'll have to see what kind of gig it is yet before commiting.

Here are some pics

This is the best drug ever created. I know I sound like a 16 year old who had a great reception at the YMCA Battle of the Bands and won, but, it's still cool at 33! The new drummer has been playing professional drums for over ten years, in dozens of bands, played countless gigs and still felt like that was the best reception/reaction from a crowd and hands down the best show he's been a part of.

dang, I can't get your photo website to open. Are you playing anywhere this coming weekend?

No, we are practicing Sat/Sun night for a show on the 15th.

Originally posted by thebluesbarn
    No, we are practicing Sat/Sun night for a show on the 15th.
    LOOKS LIKE A BLAST BRO !!!!!

BLUELOU:)
    SINCERELY
    BLUELOU
    GODBLESS