Thread: My Tele clone

My Tele clone

Here's my Tele clone. A guy put this together for me probably about 15 years ago. Nothin' fancy, he used a Warmouth neck and body, grover tuners and a 6- way bridge. I don't remember what type of pickups originally came on it. I've used 6 or 8 different pickup sets on this guitar over the years. It currently has a Fender noiseless set and for this guitar they sound great. Not quite the spank of a good stock Tele bridge, but close.
    I used this guitar as a G tuning guitar exclusively for 10 years. Never tuned it to standard. Then once during a session I was searching for a tone and the engineer suggested using the Tele in standard tuning. I tuned it up and really nailed a good tone. These days I mostly use it in standard tuning. It is a great workhorse guitar that has served me well over the years.
    Oh yes, I bought it for $300 with a case.
    Here's another shot with my Silvertone archtop.
    Last edited by GuitarG; 09-15-2002 at 07:37 AM.

Nice! Looks like you've played it some too.
    That Silvertone....looks like a dearmond 2000 neck p/u.

Yep that's a dearmond in the neck. It was in the guitar when I bought it. A really good choice in the neck of this type of archtop. A nice clean tone with a lot of character. I put the P90 in the bridge position. The original unit was broken. The P90 gives a nice raw blues tone, kind of a T-bone Walker type of thing, and the combination of the two is a nice balanced tone.
    I realized not long ago that this is a backwards Duane Eddy setup.
    The top of this guitar was refinished very poorly with a dark red stain when I got it. And this is a blonde guitar with nice figure to the wood. ARRRGGGHHH! Who would do such a thing. I keep threatening to have in restored to the original blond finish. It would be beautiful.
    And you gotta love the headstock logo on these things. Very cool.