Thread: Advice on Dunlop Crybaby

Forum Member

Advice on Dunlop Crybaby

I have dunlop crybaby and it sounds too thin. Any suggestion on what i can do to make it "sing"?

Boomer

Forum Member
    This is what I'd do:

Try placing it in different positions in your signal chain. (If you're using only a Wah, then that rules that option out)

You might see a huge difference.

Or:

Sell it and get a Thomas Organ Cry-Baby off of Ebay for $50.00

Look for the ones that are made in Chicago and have the "Stack of Dimes" inductor.

Forum Member
    thanx for the advice eddy. so it sounds like i just made a mistake getting it.

Forum Member
    Hers a great site for wah mods but unfortunately all the pics on the site are down

Maybe its only temporary, try the link in a few days and see if the pics are back up.

These mods will make a Dunlop cry baby sound great

http://www.green-fuz.freeserve.co.uk/wah.html

if you know a few basics of the wah circuit and can handle a soldering iron you can make it sounds better with a few component alterations.

If it's a rather new CryBaby don't bother even thinking about a true bypass mod. The new CryBabies have an input buffer that works quite well, and it's not worth the hassle of cutting PCB traces and such for a TB mod.

this link will thell you everything you want to know about the wah and explain which component change makes what difference.

Enjoy it!
    "If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT."

- Frank Zappa -

TFF Stage Crew

Re: Advice on Dunlop Crybaby

Originally posted by BoomerLZ
    I have dunlop crybaby and it sounds too thin....
    I usually feed mine a couple of cheeseburgers and a shake....;)

I'd buy a VOx wah 'cause fatta is betta.
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

Oh yeah, you might also want to open the bad buy up and adjust the pot. This at least got rid of my ice pick treble...
    "Power don't come from a badge or a gun. Power comes from lying. Lying big and gettin' the whole damn world to play along with you. Once you've got everybody agreeing with what they know in their hearts ain't true, you've got 'em by the balls."
    Senator Roark - Sin City

Forum Member
    A Vox with a few simple mods, and a bypass switch are all thats needed for killer wah tones,,,

CT.